Sign in to follow this  

Beta to build enduro two strokes!

I read this in the latest Enduro extreme, it did not say what model range or when they will be released.

It makes sense because they already have the trial 2 stroke engines. Having another 2 stroke competitor will be cool since husky is losing against KTM and GG.

There's definitely a long history of 2 strokes.. ..some vintage stuff from the 70's and 80's

just scroll down to the B's.

http://www.vintagedirtbikeparts.net/VintageKramerPuchSWMPhotos.htm

With the 2 stroke trials bikes being 2 stroke there shouldn't be a hard transition to enduros.

http://www.americanbeta.com/2011-evo-trials.html

Do they even sell OSSA in the United States?

Damn.... Europe has all the best bikes over their. We get a small handfull here in the states with Husaberg, Beta, Husqvarna and GasGas....TM too but I havn't seen one in person in years!

Those "small" company's over their with "hand crafted" bikes are sooooo much better than running down to your local Japanese bike dealer hands down IMHO...

a break through 2 stroke coming from a brand I have not seen since the 70s

*** are the big four?

big four is=

yamaha

suzuki

honda

kawasaki

A long time ago a small company reintroduced itslef - now they are called KTM!

big four is=

yamaha

suzuki

honda

kawasaki

A long time ago a small company reintroduced itslef - now they are called KTM!

I would think the # of Suziki and Kawi dirtbikes sold together would be a fraction of the # of KTM's sold....

IMO. Anyone is going to be hard pressed to come out with anythihng close to the Ossa bike that debuted at EICMA this week.

Beta smoker will be a conventional bike with a GG or maybe Beta motor in the current chassis. Nice but just a category filler.

i wouldn't be surprised to see one of this newcomer on smoker, with a Japanese engine FI...

IMO. Anyone is going to be hard pressed to come out with anythihng close to the Ossa bike that debuted at EICMA this week.

Beta smoker will be a conventional bike with a GG or maybe Beta motor in the current chassis. Nice but just a category filler.

I don't know.. the 2 stroke trials bikes are pretty cool.

http://www.americanbeta.com/trial%20specs/evo290.specspage.html

I'd rather have a carb now anyway. I don't always agree with what's advanced. I'd like to see how it works in the trail as well. The ossa does look beautiful though.

Cool stuff! IDK about any Beta 2-smoke coming out. It wouldn't be bad for the company. I just dunno if they would do it. Of course they already have the 2 stokes in Italy. At 50cc that is...

I would think the # of Suziki and Kawi dirtbikes sold together would be a fraction of the # of KTM's sold....

What??

Honda Sells 80,000 CRF450R's a year.

They sell almost a million bikes each year, including all models.

KTM sells only 30,000 bikes, all models, a year.

[/b]

What??

Honda Sells 80,000 CRF450R's a year.

They sell almost a million bikes each year, including all models.

KTM sells only 30,000 bikes, all models, a year.

Were did I mention Honda?

And I said # of DIRTBIKES.