Sign in to follow this  

Enduro Scoring

Yes, I can tell you, but which event are you on the list? Tell me where to look for your score and I'll explain what it means.

OK, I think I have you. I am not sure how you guys list your "row numbers", it is new to me, but I'll make assumptions. Let's say you were on minute 44.

Check 1, known (probably the start), it is very hard to drop a point at a known. You and everyone else zeroed it. Known is yellow with a K.

Check 2, secret (red S), you needed to be there anywhere in your minute. You needed to show up from 44:00 to 44:59. You dropped a point, telling me you got there from 45:00 to 45:59.

Check 3, emergency (green E), you needed to show up at 44:30 to zero the check. You lose both minutes and seconds at emergency checks. You dropped 7/395, which tells me you showed up at 51:05. The 7 is 7 minutes late (from the 44th minute), and the 395 is 395 seconds/tie breaker points from 44:30, the perfect score.

Checks 4 and 5 you dropped 7 each. Full minutes/points only since it was a secret check. Either you stayed 7 minutes behind based on your score from check 3, or you burned each check by two minutes. If you are late, you get docked 1 point per minute. If you are early, you get docked 2 points for the first minute, and 5 points for every additional minute.

Your score of 22/395 is based on 22 minutes (1 at check 2, 7 each at 3, 4 and 5) and 395 is based on the tiebreaker points from check 3.

Look ahead of you in 13th. You had him covered, big time. He dropped a lot more points than you, but he hit more checks than you, so he is scored above you.

Regarding the tiebreaker points, look at 11th and 12th. They both dropped 80 points, but based on the 7 second difference at check 6, that made the difference in the finishing position.

Does that sort of clear things up? I doubt it, I was confused for a long time on enduro scoring. If you have more questions, just fire away.

Ya that helps alot, thanks.

I wish I have have gotten the last check because 11 and 12 were my buddies. In the second lap I crashed pretty good and skipped alittle over half of the course because I was hurt. Once my buddies came back to the pits they convinced me to run the 3 lap just for fun. So when I would show up to check points I just told the people there not to mark anything down so that is where I think I lost the check.

Did alot better than I thought I did considering I didn't complete the entire thing and also since I didn't once look at my time. I was just kind of riding.