Sign in to follow this  

Lightening a X?

I wana cut down on the weight of my 05 450X, Im putting R triple clamps and plate, takeing out the battery, removing the kickstand, and i already have the R muffler. Is there anything else i could do to lose some excess weight off the bike? And id like to get a R, but its just not in the cards right now for a new bike, so im working with what i got.

Any help welcome, thanks.

I wana cut down on the weight of my 05 450X, Im putting R triple clamps and plate, takeing out the battery, removing the kickstand, and i already have the R muffler. Is there anything else i could do to lose some excess weight off the bike? And id like to get a R, but its just not in the cards right now for a new bike, so im working with what i got.

Any help welcome, thanks.

- Kickstand

- Odometer

- Starter

- Battery

- headlight and bezel

- Exhaust change

That's about it. I would never remove the starter/battery though. Just get a Shorai Lithium battery.

Thanks, yeah with the R triple clamps im geting rid of the odometer and headlight, just putting a R front plate on it, and the only reason i want to take out the battery is because it wont hold a charge so to me its just added weight i dont need untill i get a new one. I wont pull the starter or anything like that though.

Thanks, yeah with the R triple clamps im geting rid of the odometer and headlight, just putting a R front plate on it, and the only reason i want to take out the battery is because it wont hold a charge so to me its just added weight i dont need untill i get a new one. I wont pull the starter or anything like that though.

you really don't want to loose the e-start. These bikes are known to have case cracking issues from too heavy a kick start. I would do as Krannie suggests and get a Shorai. I have one and it is amazing how light and powerful it is. All my starting issues are gone and no longer need to use a battery tender.

All things being equal which is the best way to go for exhaust if you still need a sparky? R with a screen or aftermarket? I assume you can score a R exhaust much cheaper than aftermarket with spark arrester right? Been giving this diet thing some thinking and that stock muffler is certainly a beast but it sure is quiet.