Sign in to follow this  

Rent Dirt bike???

My Cousin and Uncle are going to come visit for Thanksgiving from Co. They are both avid riders and I want to take them to Hollister to show them what Ca is all about. Who rents bikes? We just want to ride like one day. Any help thanks!

its not a very big business anywhere in the world it seems. sorry i cant help

Here in Ga you can rent at durhamtown and ktmworld, it's a great option because you can try out bikes you might not have been able to otherwise, or a lifesaver if you're bike breaks down and you still want to ride. It is a bit pricey though. When I did it I got renters insurance in case I took a bad spill and messed up expensive parts. http://www.durhamtown.com/rentals.htm Great riding area.

Here in Ga you can rent at durhamtown and ktmworld, it's a great option because you can try out bikes you might not have been able to otherwise, or a lifesaver if you're bike breaks down and you still want to ride. It is a bit pricey though. When I did it I got renters insurance in case I took a bad spill and messed up expensive parts. http://www.durhamtown.com/rentals.htm Great riding area.

i did that with the sled i rented when mine broke down..what a life saver to spend that extra bit of money. even more so after i didnt make a hill climb, bailed off, watched the sled luanch a 30 foot cliff then proceded to roll down the rest of the hill.

the only thing the dude said when we brought it back was "well, this is minor to what i have seen":banghead:

• Like 1

There are a couple of places here in Ontario.

Here's a recent video fromTrail Tours (Ganaraska Forest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miV1Z69omjs&feature=feedlik

They don't rent, exactly, so much as they give training and guided trail rides. By ensuring that people are trained and guided, they can keep their insurance reasonable and their crash damage from getting out of hand.

Here's another video that shows some of their basic training (my wife and son), as well as me (hare scrambler in early 1980's) on a KTM 200. We didn't get any of the tight single track we did on video because there wasn't enough lighting to get any good video.

They do a great job with beginners.

Enjoy!

Ron Daniels

Edited by Ron Daniels
add in video link that I referenced

the only thing the dude said when we brought it back was "well, this is minor to what i have seen":banghead:

I bet those guys see some pretty torn up sleds, gotta wonder what they're thinking when it rides off. Probably cringing at the thought of what it's gonna look like by the end of the day:smirk: