what would you value this bike at?

b72ea2df.jpg

aabc5120.jpg

dad29fe0.jpg

first off note i live in california....07 450exc...revloc, scotts, flexx bars, exhaust, some kind of mapping (switch on bars) aftermarket brakes, fan, and some other stuff...oh and a plate....3900mi on the clock

it also has a 570 kit on it

In my opinion $5k is too high for a 4 hear old bike with 4k on the clock. I see these going for about 4k with way less miles here on the east coast. I also usually prefer to buy bikes that are stock or close to it. The mods someone else made may not be suitable for you and there is also a chance that they were not installed and operated correctly. I would actually discount a bike that had too many mods unless they were specifically what I would do myself after buying the bike.

That's just my personal opinion.

I bought a brand new left over 09 for 5,700 last march. Seems like alot of money for a used bike. I would look around seems like the bike was used and abused if you ask me. I always look for the closest to stock also when buying a used bike. jmo

Look at the ktmtalk forum under classifieds they have a few nice ones on there.

I sold my '08 530 EXC two weeks ago for $4,400. It was completely set up, all armor, TT stator/HID headlight/Ironman/4.1 pipe/jetted/desmogged/fan/damper/grip warmers/etc.

I probably sold it too cheap as I had five serious enquiries within 14 hrs of putting the bike online. Oh well.....

The 07 is a premium in Ca, being the only RFS that is factory plated 50 state legal.

From just looking at the pics it's also got a few $K in upgrades

full akro system, Vortex ign, renzaco seat, scotts damper, flexx bars, euro switches, what looks like a hard parts fan, and the 570 kit you mentioned.

A few weeks ago I paid $4800 for an 07 KTM450exc plated with 1800 miles in really good shape. It came with lots of aftermarket parts and about 1k in extras. It took me 3 months of looking online at least twice a day. KTM's with a plate in CA carry a high premium. I was specifically looking for a low mileage RFS bike.

I'm a little more impressed than the others. I fully understand the 07 EXC having a RFS and legal plate in CA. The mods are first class and smart.

If well cared for and motor fresh it is a desirable piece, pretty much as good as it gets less the miles/use.

If the mods are mostly the same as you would do/want then try for sub $5k and go for it.

Bruce

I have the same bike. I paid $5,000 last fall with only 3 rides - 25 hours on the bike. Just a jet kit was all it had extra. Had to drive 1/2 way to L.A. the meet the seller. I could have got an 08 local for the same. With that damper, tank and other stuff it would off set the higher miles... Bet he gets close to $5k for it...

As others have said - the 07 RFS demands a preium in CA. at least $1,000 over a non-plated 06.

I love mine I have had a great year on it. No going back to 2T for me...

I pulled the trigger. Got it for 4300. Runs like a raped ape. Has trail trick suspension and those pivot pegs too. I think I'll be happy. I'm taking it to shop to get the once over. Them I'll know how I did

What does the map switch do?

I pulled the trigger. Got it for 4300. Runs like a raped ape. Has trail trick suspension and those pivot pegs too. I think I'll be happy. I'm taking it to shop to get the once over. Them I'll know how I did

The switch changes the ign timing curve. There are 10 curves availible with the vortex

Good job. Lots of bang for the buck IMO and will hold resale well. Enjoy the new ride!

Bruce

Sounds like you got a good deal at $4300. The map switch changes the ignition timing and provides a slightly less aggressive off idle throttle response. It is not a drastic difference but does come in handy in tight and technical trails as it reduces the tendency for wheel spin from erratic throttle twisting. Just makes it easier to modulate. I have one on a 2010 530 and it takes about two seconds from the time you hit the switch to when you can feel the difference in acceleration. Don't expect to flick it back and forth and feel the difference.

Good luck with the bike.

The map switch changes the ignition timing and provides a slightly less aggressive off idle throttle response. It is not a drastic difference but does come in handy in tight and technical trails as it reduces the tendency for wheel spin from erratic throttle twisting. Just makes it easier to modulate. I have one on a 2010 530 and it takes about two seconds from the time you hit the switch to when you can feel the difference in acceleration. Don't expect to flick it back and forth and feel the difference.

Good luck with the bike.

If you look carefully you can see it's a vortex CDI. Not a factory CDI.