Sign in to follow this  

Triple clamps fitment help

I have a 2006 yz250 and I just bought 2008 triple clamps and the clamps are very different in their construction, 08's being thinner, more flexible in their look. Looks like alot of tuning went into their construction. I mounted them tonight, and the stem looks slightly shorter by about 5mm, does that pose any issue and are these a direct bolt on as far as offset ect.

thanks

If they are oem YZ250 clamps, they are a direct swap, same parts. Even if they're different model oem YZ clamps, they will fit, but 250f and 125 have shorter stems. Could it be that's what you got? Or maybe the lower bearing isn't fully seated on the stem? Or the whole assy. isn't fully seated?

If they're not oem, the same fitment applies, but they could be different offset.

Yes, the clamps are off a 08 450f, so that must be why the stem is slightly shorter. I am assuming the offset and fitment in general are the same. They seem to fit, but I noticed the stem was short.

thanks

You should be able to use the stem from your '06 clamps. Offset is the same. Why did you want to switch?

Wanted the oversize bar clamps, my 06 clamps didn't work with the newer oversize mounts so i just got the whole clamp as the stem was way short and thinner so it wobbled in the 06 clamp hole. I have a feeling its going to make a big handling difference too as they are so much smaller in construction and thinner which might take some of the stiffness out of the chassis I am feeling with my 06 so I am excited to see the results of that tomorrow when I hit the dirt.