Sign in to follow this  

Michigan EVART on 11-12-11

ATKXR600 and I are gonna ride evart on the 12th, (or attempt to) All are welcome to join us, I think yathump may be in, we talked about it a couple weeks ago. throw some feedback out there about start times or whatever. I think were pretty open on all that.

Tom

I wanna get another ride in before gun season. Possibly I can get there in the AM. Not super early, it's a couple-few hour drive for me. I'll post back later and see whats going on. I'm a definite "maybe" at the moment. :busted:

I wanna get another ride in before gun season. Possibly I can get there in the AM. Not super early, it's a couple-few hour drive for me. I'll post back later and see whats going on. I'm a definite "maybe" at the moment. :busted:

We are usually a "ride at 10 o'clock am" group, but I think were open to other times (probably by noon) we've got a couple hour drive also. I don't like to wake up real early, but for riding, I can usually force myself.:busted:

We are usually a "ride at 10 o'clock am" group, but I think were open to other times (probably by noon) we've got a couple hour drive also. I don't like to wake up real early, but for riding, I can usually force myself.:busted:

I was shooting for a 10am start. We plan to drive up from Flint, on the morning of the ride.

I'm suggesting we move the start time back to 11:00? At this point getting there by 10:00 might be pushing it. Any other takers?

So far it's me, my oldest son, 500AF RIDER.

YaThump you out there??

I see the Exotic Bike ride may be out of Evart? Not sure if they are planning on Saturday or Sunday?

I'm suggesting we move the start time back to 11:00? At this point getting there by 10:00 might be pushing it. Any other takers?

So far it's me, my oldest son, 500AF RIDER.

YaThump you out there??

I see the Exotic Bike ride may be out of Evart? Not sure if they are planning on Saturday or Sunday?

Sarturday. The annual "last ride before deer season" ride.

Had a ball!

Evart is one tough ride! Thanks to ATKXR600 "Mike" and Matt (Mike's oldest son) for a great weekend of riding.

,Tom

I am dying to know how was the trail? We rode it fall of 2010, and it was 42degrees and had been raining all week. There were many trees down and the double root step ups were washed out bad, but it was a ball in a sick sort of way:smirk:.

Had a ball!

Evart is one tough ride! Thanks to ATKXR600 "Mike" and Matt (Mike's oldest son) for a great weekend of riding.

,Tom

Here is a cut and paste from my son's FB page;

"Never again will I ride Evart Motorcycle trail... I left my pride and dignity there and the trail will never give it back!"

Funny thing, I liked it! Thanks for setting it up TOM! And for the help shutting down the cabin.

Here is a cut and paste from my son's FB page;

"Never again will I ride Evart Motorcycle trail... I left my pride and dignity there and the trail will never give it back!"

Funny thing, I liked it! Thanks for setting it up TOM! And for the help shutting down the cabin.

HEY!

bell goes off in my head! ATK right?

I saw you out there. You just got there when we were getting ready to take off. You parked like 4 trucks down from me. We had the big group of 15 bikes.

HEY!

bell goes off in my head! ATK right?

I saw you out there. You just got there when we were getting ready to take off. You parked like 4 trucks down from me. We had the big group of 15 bikes.

No, I was on the other side of him, next rig down. Black crew cab truck, (3)bikes in a utility trailer.

I ride a CRF4fiddy now. There were (3) in my group, myself, AF500RIDER, and my oldest son, on his 02 CRF450. We were a few minutes behind the main group. I sopke with Denny, (TC rider?) at one of the rest stops.

I sold my ATKXR600, (3) years ago. Notice the "XR" in there? In 1986 I bought a new XR600R, to play ride. Then I started ride some D14 Hare Scrambles, back then ATK offered a kit to use their chassis, and a Honda drive train. I went that route. "E" start was not really around yet, and I hated the left hand kick of the rotax motor.

Here's my old ATKXR;

atkxr600001.jpg

The one you saw at Evart was a much later model, it was a 605, with "E" start. Nice bike, it brought back memories!

I am dying to know how was the trail? We rode it fall of 2010, and it was 42degrees and had been raining all week. There were many trees down and the double root step ups were washed out bad, but it was a ball in a sick sort of way:smirk:.

Sounds like very similiar conditions, fun stuff! But it was warmer, up near 60? I was overdressed, as usual!

No, I was on the other side of him, next rig down. Black crew cab truck, (3)bikes in a utility trailer.

I ride a CRF4fiddy now. There were (3) in my group, myself, AF500RIDER, and my oldest son, on his 02 CRF450. We were a few minutes behind the main group. I sopke with Denny, (TC rider?) at one of the rest stops.

I sold my ATKXR600, (3) years ago. Notice the "XR" in there? In 1986 I bought a new XR600R, to play ride. Then I started ride some D14 Hare Scrambles, back then ATK offered a kit to use their chassis, and a Honda drive train. I went that route. "E" start was not really around yet, and I hated the left hand kick of the rotax motor.

The one you saw at Evart was a much later model, it was a 605, with "E" start. Nice bike, it brought back memories!

Ah.. I know that group. You rode up to us when we were at the bridge. And again I think latter on at the sand bowl maybe.

Ah.. I know that group. You rode up to us when we were at the bridge. And again I think latter on at the sand bowl maybe.

That was us!

Wheres the ride report? Did Tom give u any additional breaks this time:p

No he stayed in the saddle, pretty good, both days! He always needs a cigerette break, though!