Sign in to follow this  

New CRF250X rider.....

Whats up guys? I just purchased a "NEW" 2009 CRF250X.I also picked up a new Jardine RT-4 full system from my buddy. I know that I will have to re-jet the bike for the exhaust. Is there anything else that is required to be done for an exhaust install. Any help would be great. Also I have read something about a "pink wire" mod? Is this a big deal? Thanks.

Congrats on the new X.

The site in the link below has lots about the 250X.

http://rickramsey.net/CRF250X.htm

The pink wire is just one of a group called the CCC mods. The easiest of the CCC mods is to cut open the air box. Then re-jet based on that and the exhaust.

Congrats. Read carefully on the Ramsey site. There are a lot of notes saying 08'-09' info is different and most of it is not posted on there.

if you find it hard to turn or need it to turn better go for the 20mm triple clamps. It will make fill like a different bike and will cut any inside line without washing out or pushing. rejet and go richer on pilot and main. when the pilot is right and the bike is warm and you hit the electric start the motor doen not spin over much it just comes to life instantly. what i mean is the starter does not have to spin the motor over a few times before it starts, it's like it's on compression stroke and the very first sound you hear is the motor running. most people will say 145 to 150's on the main.

if you find it hard to turn or need it to turn better go for the 20mm triple clamps. It will make fill like a different bike and will cut any inside line without washing out or pushing. rejet and go richer on pilot and main. when the pilot is right and the bike is warm and you hit the electric start the motor doen not spin over much it just comes to life instantly. what i mean is the starter does not have to spin the motor over a few times before it starts, it's like it's on compression stroke and the very first sound you hear is the motor running. most people will say 145 to 150's on the main.

Before you spend money on new triples, simply raise the forks approx 5mm, but not more than 10mm in the stock triples and set the sag on the rear suspension. Makes them turn much better, but you will lose a little high speed stability.

yea after you try the fork hieght and sag then go to ebay and buy the whole 20mm setup for under $300 and it will fill like it's liter and turn as good as a 2 stroke.