stock exhaust vs full fmf w/megabomb

i bought my 08 yz250f about a year ago it came with fmf mega bomb header and fmf factory 4.1 muffler. im ok with the way the bike runs im not a racer out looking for even single hp i can squeeze out of the bike i just woods ride and play on huge coal hills. i am on the bike for hours at a time and the fmf is loud and that head pipe gets stupid hot even with the heat shield. does anyone know if i will notice a big difference and where if i was to go back to a stock exhaust system?

Edited by scarecrow734

i bought my 08 yz250f about a year ago it came with fmf mega bomb header and fmf ti4 muffler. im ok with the way the bike runs im not a racer out looking for even single hp i can squeeze out of the bike i just woods ride and play on huge coal hills. i am on the bike for hours at a time and the fmf is loud and that head pipe gets stupid hot even with the heat shield. does anyone know if i will notice a big difference and where if i was to go back to a stock exhaust system?

It won't be much difference so do it if quiet is what you need.

yea i want it quiet...4 - 5 hours of that fmf gets old real quick...are all the aftermarket exhausts just as loud as what i have?

They all are if the packing is shot.

2008 so it is a fair assumption you need a repack.

Edited by 92db

Stock isn't really any quieter than the FMF set up (assuming both have good packing). If you haven't done so, repack your silencer. You may want to buy the quiet insert from FMF, it will knock off a few db and it will be cheaper than buying a stock exhaust for your bike.