Sign in to follow this  

graphics

hey guys anyone have any useful tips on how to put on graphics correctly without getting bubbles, i was thinking of sprayin the plastics with warm soapy water just i can slide the graphics on and then leave to dry

Do a search here, someone put together a good step by step plan.

Essentially, heat and Windex. It has worked wonders for me, they go on much easier now.

I personally prefer the alcohol based window cleaners. Windex is ammonia based. Ammonia can discolor some stickers. Basically any auto window cleaner that says "Safe for tinted windows" will be alcohol based. Or you can just mix a little bit of rubbing alcohol with water in a spray bottle.

Head to your local grocery store or book store and pick up Decembers issue of Dirt Wheels. They have a full article about how to apply graphics. It's very helpful.

Tape one edge to the part where you want to start with masking tape. This will give you a good start point

soap & water in one bottle, alcohol and water in the second bottle. Use the soap and water on both surfaces to slide the graphic into position, then use the alcohol to accelerate the drying. Just peal back half of the graphic, spray with the alcohol mix, repeat with the other half. Use a stiff squeegee to push any bubble to the outside.

Soap and water work really well. You can reposition the graphics several times and then let them dry overnight. Just squeege out as much water from underneath when you are done - use a credit card wrapped in a soft towel.

As mentioned, soap, water, alcohol, but a hair dryer is an essential graphics installation tool, IMO. Once the graphic is pretty close, I like to use lots of heat to get it to conform to tight curves, to remove bubbles and to seal the edges at the end.

thanks for all the replys guys i shall put up pics of the bike when i do put on the graphics, the winter in in over here in ireland now so i might just do bits and pieces to the bike every week :busted:

I dont use anything but a hair dryer.. But you can go to a walmart or advanced auto parts store and pick up a bottle of window tint application fluid and use that