Sign in to follow this  

DR-Z400E Baja Kit Wiring Question

I just picked up a nice 2004 E with Baja kit already installed. Stripped the bike last night to re-route the Baja main harness and clean up the wiring front and back. Made a lot of progress (everything works!!), BUT - on the front there is a large Black boot that houses some connectors and individual bullets. Doesn't look like part of the baja kit. Right now this boot naturally sits to left of steering head and just kind of hangs down. I can probably coax it into a safer place - does anybody know where this is "supposed" to live?

Thanks!

OK - I disconnected everything behind the headlight and removed the light. I rerouted everything and tidied it up. All the extra wire and most of the connectors fit inside the rubber boot. Everything works and all OK for now. That's a lot of wires for a dirt bike.

That boot is original to the bike. They have a habit of slipping down on the left side of the head tube and allowing the wires to get involved with the steering stop. Sounds like you have it under control.