Sign in to follow this  

02 cr250 head

i just had my 02 cr motor rebuilt pretty much from the bottom up. The head had some nics in it and the builder pretty much got all out but a few. My question is....is the head still safe to use ? i just had it completely rebuilt and dont want to do anything to damage it again.

thanks

As long as their are any sharp edges on the nicks that could cause hot spots it should be okay. I have run a head similar to what you are describing on my CR250 without issue. The importing part is no deep gouges or sharp edges.

Did you have the squish set or measured? They can machine out most all of that when doing the squish mod. Also when i took my 97 cr apart for a top end it looked real bad with dings and sharp raised edges from what looked like a broken ring long ago, prevoius owner. I would have never run the bike like that but it had been running great no pinging or any other problems for about 2 years that i had had it.

i have never had the squish or anything check...what does that usually run ? sounds like with the 02s its something i should look into...between that and the the new carb should wake her up a bit ?