Sign in to follow this  

OEM tool bag on front fender

Anybody here put the OEM tool bag on their front fender. Ive been wanting to do it but it interferes with the headlight. Im thinking I can lower the fender with spacers and longer bolts. Id also like to see some pics if you have them.

Thanks

Anybody here put the OEM tool bag on their front fender. Ive been wanting to do it but it interferes with the headlight. Im thinking I can lower the fender with spacers and longer bolts. Id also like to see some pics if you have them.

Thanks

Like this?

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

Nope never.:busted:

I have raised my headlight 0.5" or so.

^^^^^^ your location says texas, yet i'm pretty sure those are B.C. plates above your bench there

I have raised my headlight 0.5" or so.

Thanks :busted: I didnt even think about raising the headlight.

I know its a little off subject, but I cut the white plastic thing in the oem bag down so it would fit under the rear fender, bolts lined up, used oem existing strap to hold the toolbag up and then used and extra little bungey to be sure it didn't come lose. havent had a problem and it looks much better. Only problem is the bag is not in use so it is not there for other items.

I know its a little off subject, but I cut the white plastic thing in the oem bag down so it would fit under the rear fender, bolts lined up, used oem existing strap to hold the toolbag up and then used and extra little bungey to be sure it didn't come lose. havent had a problem and it looks much better. Only problem is the bag is not in use so it is not there for other items.

I remeber you mentioned that once before ZUKI but I ride a lot off road so Im afraid it wouldnt last very long in the mud and the blood.

I tossed a $20 Moose fender bag on mine. It fits MUCH better, requires no drilling or headlight mods, holds just as much, and it looks infinitely better. And in years of single track crashing and bashing, it's never popped off.

^good idea Craigo.... Looks like something I could fab up myself :busted:

Yup BC plates. Lived in the lower Mainland a few things I miss but not enough to go back permanently. I go hang with buddies or inlaws when I need a fix.

The headlight is moved 1.5 inches forward half an inch up give or take. I have a thread with how to in the subject with details. I think that's in the title anyway.

The moose bag is nice but this was free. In dirt bike mode looks don't matter so much. I may build a brace.

Under fender not so sure big jumps bottom the rear wheel. It would probably go first trip

whats the advantage of mounting tool bag on the front?

whats the advantage of mounting tool bag on the front?

No real advantage to it. I have a cargo rack on the back and want to keep that space clear for other items.

No real advantage to it. I have a cargo rack on the back and want to keep that space clear for other items.

+1

My last trip I needed to carry spares tubes etc. My tool case was full and carrying the full back pack vs the camelback sucked.