Sign in to follow this  

Can someone ID these?

Hi guys, I just picked up a couple 50's. I plan to get them going for the neice and nephew. The previous owner removed the shock from the black one and put in a metal rod. He poked a whole in the shock on the orange one. He did this to lower the bike for the kids. (I pointed that out since they look different lowered)

Anyway, both bikes need a good tune up...and I need to find a service manual for valve clearance specs. The head says "E22" and the carb is a 41mm FCR MX....just kidding...it's a PZ19. The motors look very similar to a Z50.

5O55W25R03n03oc3l4bat60a5bcdcf5ea1d09.jpg

5Y65Z55P63mc3o13l5bat8a8323b8e20c1700.jpg

yeah...stole those from the CL add...I'll try to get better ones this evening.

Post up the engine serial numbers, they are located below the front sprocket and just behind the shift shaft, on the engine case. Most times, you can tell the bore size from that number.

1p39fmb 050040816

All things being equal, the 39 indicates a 39mm bore, which is the standard sized bore for a 49cc engine. If you measure the height of the cylinder from the lower cases to the head, it should measure 63mm. That usually indicates a stroke of 41.4mm making it a 50cc engine.