Sign in to follow this  

Ossa Enduro

New Prototype from Ossa. Some might know them for Trialbikes. They use FI in 2 strokes.

Now there is a Enduro too.

Interessting rear suspension:

Ossa-Enduro-300i_3-Befurious.com.jpg

Interessting rear suspension:

yes, but i am missing some pivots to see how it works. any more pics?

edit: i followed the link. as far i can (not) see, its similar to the husky design and the swingarm is a bit "open" at the right side

Edited by kawamaha

Ossa-Enduro-300i_4-Befurious.com.jpg

Ossa-Enduro-300i_1-Befurious.com.jpg

Ossa-Enduro-300i-Befurious.com.jpg

So whats the rear about?!

Ankle like a PDS and no traditonal linkage, but there is some kind of linkage:thinking:

not for a while George...

from Enduro Extreme:

The development of the Enduro 250i/300i has been done by the Ossa team which is in the project since the end of 2010 with the objective to create a pre-series of 20 units for the importers in the beginning of 2013.The first production of 2000 bikes will be carried out in the factory Ossa has in Girona, and they are scheduled to be distributed in June 2013. The total investment of this project will reach the amount of two million euro. The international distribution of all Enduro versions, in the different cubic capacities, will be via importers, in the same way Ossa does it for the other models. Only when the project is completely developed, will the brand form a team for national and international enduro races, by the 2012-2013 season.

not for a while George...

from Enduro Extreme:

The development of the Enduro 250i/300i has been done by the Ossa team which is in the project since the end of 2010 with the objective to create a pre-series of 20 units for the importers in the beginning of 2013.The first production of 2000 bikes will be carried out in the factory Ossa has in Girona, and they are scheduled to be distributed in June 2013. The total investment of this project will reach the amount of two million euro. The international distribution of all Enduro versions, in the different cubic capacities, will be via importers, in the same way Ossa does it for the other models. Only when the project is completely developed, will the brand form a team for national and international enduro races, by the 2012-2013 season.

Good looking machine always years away :busted:

Well hoping the others fallow suit with the 2-stroke FI

I know it Russ.... was super stoked for 2012, only to read 2013!!!

There must be a 4th pivot not visible. Maybe under the lower shock mount. That would make it a 4-bar linkage similar to some mountain bike designs. Cool!

I would not want to buy spare parts for that bad daddy though.

Me likes! The fact that it's a two stroke only makes it that much better! :busted:

The rear suspension reminds me of a no link KTM or even a Kawasaki Versys:

Kawasaki-Versys-3.jpg

So whats the rear about?!

Ankle like a PDS and no traditonal linkage, but there is some kind of linkage:thinking:

I guess its like a husky linkage, some kind of an inverted linkage

lower pivot is fixed at the frame, upper pivot connects to the knuckle. time will tell...

Ossa2.jpg

Edited by kawamaha

Looks like the swingarm attaches on the left side like a single sided arm. Could the linkage work something like this?

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=97184

Looks like the swingarm attaches on the left side like a single sided arm. Could the linkage work something like this?

exactly what I guess (and drawed)

nice illustration though :busted:

Me likes! The fact that it's a two stroke only makes it that much better! :busted:

The rear suspension reminds me of a no link KTM or even a Kawasaki Versys:

Kawasaki-Versys-3.jpg

Nope.

aren't here some spanish speaking guys?

spanish words about the suspension...

Las suspensiones son del máximo nivel de Öhlins, firma con la que Ossa Factory mantiene una interesante colaboración. Destaca la ubicación del amortiguador trasero situado en el lateral derecho, lo que permite disponer de un espacio adicional para alojar parte del recorrido el escape tipo bufanda. Este único amortiguador trabaja con un sistema de bieletas de progresividad variable y se ha montado sobre un basculante de estructura tubular.