Sign in to follow this  

Ok new question

Dont want to post new threads all over the place. Who makes a complete oil seal kit for the 83 XL? Ive looked everywhere and cant find one. Checked Athena, Cometic, Vesrah, google, blah blah and blah. Anyone?

Edited by voodoolord

Bolt kit for what exacty? Rear sprocket? Engine?

And oil flow can be low due to a worn out oil pump. It's really not too difficult to remove and inspect once you have the right side cover off. They're not very expensive to replace as a unit either - at least for a 650L. Not sure how different your may be.

Its just a general bolt kit. I have the right side off right now. the clutch was slipping and my springs are out of spec. How much oil should be flowing?

Bit hard to say how much should be flowing..all I know is when I crack the top head attachment oil line bolt stuff flows out in seconds..I don't leave it cracked long enough to see any bubbles or splattering type thing happening. You can actually drill those oil line bolt holes out to a bit bigger if you're that way inclined,,Careful doing it as the metals tough and the drills small and weak..ie,,snappidge in the hole is likely if you aren't careful..I accept no responsibility should you do it and your engine seize..I've noticed when looking at various XR/XL oil line bolts that the holes seemed to vary a bit in size..hence my drilling of a set on my 89 bitza..

Edited by Horri

Bit hard to say how much should be flowing..all I know is when I crack the top head attachment oil line bolt stuff flows out in seconds..I don't leave it cracked long enough to see any bubbles or splattering type thing happening. You can actually drill those oil line bolt holes out to a bit bigger if you're that way inclined,,Careful doing it as the metals tough and the drills small and weak..ie,,snappidge in the hole is likely if you aren't careful..

Im talking about the oil return you see when you look down the filler hole. I checked my oil screen when I drained the oil and it was clean. I just want to know if the oil shoud be circulating freely with good flow or sputtering out like your spitting through a straw like its doing now.

Er,,You shouldn't have the dip stick out when the engines running,,and Yes oil will splutter and gush about with it off..,,ie,,,I assume normal..With the dipstick out I'd think you'd be affecting the sort of semi pressured system,,No expert there,,just my thoughts..

There isn't a lot of oil flow and it does sputter. I have checked my oil with the engine running many times and that is normal.

There isn't a lot of oil flow and it does sputter. I have checked my oil with the engine running many times and that is normal.

Good news, thanks.

Really? aluminum?, I cant imagine using those on one of these things, I don't think I could ever get myself to trust them. I mean no insult, but are you sure they are not just glass beaded and plated? The bolt kit for the winch on my daughters jeep had bolts that looked very much like alum but it is just the finish, I just cant believe you got alum bolts, they are more expensive than steel and most often hard to find in stock, I used to have to get them for jobs when I had my shop.

Really? aluminum?, I cant imagine using those on one of these things, I don't think I could ever get myself to trust them. I mean no insult, but are you sure they are not just glass beaded and plated? The bolt kit for the winch on my daughters jeep had bolts that looked very much like alum but it is just the finish, I just cant believe you got alum bolts, they are more expensive than steel and most often hard to find in stock, I used to have to get them for jobs when I had my shop.

Lol thump I know aluminum when I feel it plus It says aluminum on the box. :busted: The guy at the shop said people buy them all the time and dont have any issues. Im going to take one and see how much torque it takes to snap one off.

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

Voodooo they'll work on the coachwork but hey not for engine or suspension stuff.

What price,E-link me dude or sell me some.

A note for future reference. When you post a question... don't go back and screw with it! It makes it impossible to glean what the heck you are asking. Your OP obviously had something to do with bolts, but you have gone back and changed it to oil seals. If you want folks to help, don't muck with the original post so much that it is now completely off topic.

I have nothing to add as I haven't a clue what we are talking about!

Rant over:foul:.... back to your regularly scheduled programming.:busted:

jajaja!

I was going to post that complete oil seal kits are a great buy on ebay, they are mostly K and S kits and they are very good and comparable to oem. I have also used complete gasket kits from them too....

Other than a few misnamed o-rings(for the oil pump dowels) everything was smooth and works great.

Anywhoo

aluminum bolts? right...:busted:

cheers

A note for future reference. When you post a question... don't go back and screw with it! It makes it impossible to glean what the heck you are asking. Your OP obviously had something to do with bolts, but you have gone back and changed it to oil seals. If you want folks to help, don't muck with the original post so much that it is now completely off topic.

I have nothing to add as I haven't a clue what we are talking about!

Rant over:foul:.... back to your regularly scheduled programming.:busted:

Ya I was thinking that, I would have deleted the thread as I got the info I needed but as far as I know you cant delete a thread. Ill let it die a slow death.