Sign in to follow this  

Manual Petcock and IMS 3.2

I am going to install a IMS 3.2 tank and want to switch to a manual petcock at the same time. After using the search function I come up with 4 different petcocks that "should" work.

1.Pingle

2.WR400F

3.Yamaha Raptor

4.DRZ400E

Have any of you used any of these petcocks on the IMS 3.2?

Can you use the stock "L" shaped fuel line with it?

Anything else I need to change?

I have a 2006 S CA. if that matters.

Thanks in advance,

C.B.

I have a blue ims3.2 with the pingle. Love it, easy to install on this tank and the chrome bling looks great. Never had a problem with it. Little pricey though.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Mickeydee, Do you have your E petcock on the IMS 3.2? If so, do you use the same fuel line to carb?

Bakes99, It looks like the Pingle web site has many petcocks. What one did you get?

Thanks again,

C.B.

OK, so I've looked at all four petcocks and it looks like they all have the out tube at a 90 degree not straight down like the stock one. Is this correct? Or are the pictures wrong?

Do you use the ones with the 90 outlet and change the gas line or do any of these come with a out tube that goes straight down?

Thanks again

I have been running a WR400F on mine for 7 years with no problem & you can get the "O" ring & gasket to rebuild them from Yamaha for a couple of bucks.

OK, so I've looked at all four petcocks and it looks like they all have the out tube at a 90 degree not straight down like the stock one. Is this correct? Or are the pictures wrong?

Do you use the ones with the 90 outlet and change the gas line or do any of these come with a out tube that goes straight down?

Thanks again

No, don't use the 90 degree one on the mikuni, 90 degree is for the "e" model. I made that mistake and the fuel line will pinch flat doing that "S". I will try and find the right Pingle part number for you.

That's the exact information I was looking for! This really helps me out.

Thanks everyone,

C.B.