09 yz250f, what exhaust will give me the most gain?

I've used every single pipe mentioned above. You didn't say what your application is but for north east racing enduro's and h/s with some practice mx time(A rider) I felt no real significant difference between them. Get the one you can at the best price and be happy. They have all held up reasonably well but it was the FMF's that always seemed to need the most repairs. One pipe you didn't mention that I thought was the best overall was the leo vince system. I think it was the Ti/carbon silencer version. The reason i felt it was the best was that it had all of the performance of the other pipes but was quieter. I got it for 300 it definitly isn't worth retail though.

I have the yosh rs4 on my bike right now. got it off ebay for 300. Love it. Probably because i paid 300 for it. before that i had a 4.1 ti slip on with stock header. both worked great. But honestly I've noticed no diff. I do have to say the 4.1 ti with the oem ti header lit up blue very nice and looked good! I'll see if i have some pics

When you say the biggest gain what exactly do you want to see? Do you want to see horsepower, torque, or lap times. Then it matters what you race. To me personally I would look for torque but again that is just me. I currently have a PC on my race bike and a Dr. D on my practice bike. The Dr. D seems to have a little more top end where the PC has more bottom...but then again that could just be the bike differences. If you want to see HP and TQ differences go with cams or a big bore and don't waste your money on over prices exhausts. The only reason I got my exhaust is because the PC one came on the bike and I got the Dr. D on ebay for $100.

MXA magazine did a pipe shootout on the '10 model which is close enough to the '09. The yosh and PC supposedly was the choice of the fast guys but the dyno #'s favored the Dr D. The Dr. D #'s came on earlier and stayed as long as any of them.

When you say the biggest gain what exactly do you want to see? Do you want to see horsepower, torque, or lap times. Then it matters what you race. To me personally I would look for torque but again that is just me. I currently have a PC on my race bike and a Dr. D on my practice bike. The Dr. D seems to have a little more top end where the PC has more bottom...but then again that could just be the bike differences. If you want to see HP and TQ differences go with cams or a big bore and don't waste your money on over prices exhausts. The only reason I got my exhaust is because the PC one came on the bike and I got the Dr. D on ebay for $100.

I would like to increase the lap times, but also looking for more top end, I am doing hot cams for exhaust and intake, witch will probly help, I don't really wanna do a big bore, I like to stay in a class, and most likely ill go with the youshimura, considering the 2010 shoot out picks the youshi and dr.d, I can just get the youshi cheaper, might as go with it, looks nice.

the 09 and 10 are totally different engines as are their power characteristics,i have two of each.i would not waste my money on hotcams,better off with gytr or webb or pc.the best exhaust for hardcore mx is def the pc ti-4r,or plain t-4r.the dr D is also acceptable.i have also tried the 4.1 with stock header on my 09.it works decent,but have my doubts about total hp gains as stated by their manufacturers.it takes a complete package to make these bikes really run hard.we have raced yammies since 06,and with my oldest son ready for the jump to A-class,i am having some thoughts about other brands.i just hate to loose that reliability that the 250f yammie has.

noslo33...where in IL you racing at? anywhere near Lincoln Trail?

I had the Dr.d on my '09...it was ok, pulled solid in the mid but nothing great and it didnt give a whole lot of top end just pulled a hair longer into the rpms, but it was a decent pipe overall i'd say

yeah,we race at casey and any other track that will let us in.you prob know my sons,dustin#433 and cody olson #334.we are headed to crossroads in the morning.dustin raced there sat and went 1-1,in 250b.so i guess codeman wants some of it.lol

ya actually i was at crossroads this sunday too...i do remember seeing #334 cause he had the same bike as me and i thought his bike looked good, and we were in the same practice group...I ride +30 b/c

How about the wind on sunday? haha it was so bad i quit jumping a few of the jumps that had a crosswind, it was pretty sketchy haha

i saw you and waved at you when u came by.i was sittin in the blue chevy van next to the downhill jump before the s turn and finish line jump.cody #334 is my youngest son,and dustin was on a #33 yammie,which is his 08 practice bike.that wind was brutal all day long.i am in a wheelchair and did not bring my 4 wheeler along or i would have came over to say howdy,and you looked good out there dude.codeman had a great day winning all 4 motos,plus the holeshot award.he was stoked.dustin was winning the 250A moto and was involed in that nasty crash at the bottom of that jump i was parked by.he landed on that lapper that went down at the bottom of that jump,cause the flagger had his head up his ass in la la land.dustin hurt his right hand and hit his weiner pretty hard,so the rest of his races were mediocore at best.i was a little suprised at the low turnout,but alot of guys went to archveiw for the open practice.next time i see u,i will come over and introduce myself.peace and wheelies

ya i saw that crash, and said the same exact thing about the flagger...he was just kind of half assing it and the guy who crashed pushed his bike all the way across the track instead of just off to the side he was already on...i never have liked that jump anyway haha....i got a holeshot award too, i was impressed with how much i got, and i think archview deff played a factor in the turnout

im normally in a white nissan pickup, stop by n say hey anytime

ya i saw that crash, and said the same exact thing about the flagger...he was just kind of half assing it and the guy who crashed pushed his bike all the way across the track instead of just off to the side he was already on...i never have liked that jump anyway haha....i got a holeshot award too, i was impressed with how much i got, and i think archview deff played a factor in the turnout

im normally in a white nissan pickup, stop by n say hey anytime

Hey thanks turning the thread into a conversation, you guys could just p.m. eachother, right. This is about exhaust, riding and adventures are in another section, thanks.....

Here is the mxa exhaust test mentioned before, this should help your decision.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/THE-ULTIMATE-2010-YAMAHA-YZ250F-EXHAUST-1152.aspx

thats a very good test, and you can get a pretty good deal on the DRD, I saw a new full system for $399.00 on ebay

although i have heard good things about the 2 brothers slip on as well, and you can get it for aroun $270

we both added some input to your intial question, get over it newbie

LOL!! Good one!

I will say this though, i was going to suggest you 2 get a room or something! a bit of BroMance going on there for a thread or 2 !!! LOL

It's all good. since the yzf's/wr's don't have that many issues, this forum can get a bit dull at times. You guys livened it up. Thanks for that.

Back on topic...........for the price and performance a Dr D isn't a bad choice.