Sign in to follow this  

2002 Exhaust Question

Need some clarity. Looked under the FAQ's and it shows this.

Exhaust:

(Needs to be completed)

02 head pipe the same as 03, muffler wont fit later models

03-04:

The mounting points on the engine and subframe are the same,but you have to use either the entire 03 system or the entire 04 system,the head pipe is shorter on the 04 than the 03 and the mid pipe is longer on the 04 than the 03 cheers

Courtesy Wingman111

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I run the entire 04 system on my 02?

Reason being, I picked up a 04 FMF Muffler, and the header pipe I have is aftermarket.

Guy at the shop said the slip on FMF was for 02-08 if it had stock header pipe :busted:

He gave me what he thought was an 04 header pipe that was dented to try, and it doesn't look good. I can make it work, but the 1st fastener point at the subframe is nowhere near the exhaust fastener. Looks like I can use the strap for the muffler itself and fasten it to the subframe by seat.

Thanks in advance. :busted:

Dont know if this helps but the 05 and up subframes have a different midpipe mounting location. And the 02-04 headers are all different lengths. I would assume a complete system from one year or the other will fit? but would have to be from an 04. Sounds like the demo head pipe you got was from an 05+.

• Like 1

Need some clarity. Looked under the FAQ's and it shows this.

Exhaust:

(Needs to be completed)

02 head pipe the same as 03, muffler wont fit later models

03-04:

The mounting points on the engine and subframe are the same,but you have to use either the entire 03 system or the entire 04 system,the head pipe is shorter on the 04 than the 03 and the mid pipe is longer on the 04 than the 03 cheers

Courtesy Wingman111

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I run the entire 04 system on my 02?

Reason being, I picked up a 04 FMF Muffler, and the header pipe I have is aftermarket.

Guy at the shop said the slip on FMF was for 02-08 if it had stock header pipe :busted:

He gave me what he thought was an 04 header pipe that was dented to try, and it doesn't look good. I can make it work, but the 1st fastener point at the subframe is nowhere near the exhaust fastener. Looks like I can use the strap for the muffler itself and fasten it to the subframe by seat.

Thanks in advance. :busted:

the full 04 system will fit , but you will need to weld a tab on the subframe for the mid mount

• Like 1

Dont know if this helps but the 05 and up subframes have a different midpipe mounting location. And the 02-04 headers are all different lengths. I would assume a complete system from one year or the other will fit? but would have to be from an 04. Sounds like the demo head pipe you got was from an 05+.
the full 04 system will fit , but you will need to weld a tab on the subframe for the mid mount

Thanks for the feedback guys. :busted:

Yes I remember back then Honda changed the mounts from year to year.