Sign in to follow this  

SouthCarolina Enoree...trail conditions

Thinking about a trip to Enoree with the kids and some friends in the next few weeks. Rode there in June and the trails were perfect, no ruts; anyone been there recently? Are the trails good or all quad rutted up at this point?

May want to call before you haul line(803-561-4025), they where closed this past weekend.:busted:

Edited by Silverslug

ALWAYS call first. Enoree is literally closed at least as much as it is open :busted:

Might be headed there tomorrow... Stop by and say hi if you see us. I'll be on my Husky 300 smoker, and my friend will be on a Honda 450 quad

ALWAYS call first. Enoree is literally closed at least as much as it is open :busted:

Might be headed there tomorrow... Stop by and say hi if you see us. I'll be on my Husky 300 smoker, and my friend will be on a Honda 450 quad

Probably won't be able to go for a couple of weeks yet...

If you go, let me know how the trails were...thanks!

I went to Enoree today. About 50 riders . I brought my 9 year old. Trails 1, 3 and 4 were great. Trail 2 had a massive mud pit that scared away the dirt bikes. Didn't make it to any other trails. BTW- trail fees were waived due to Veteran's Day.

I went to Enoree today. About 50 riders . I brought my 9 year old. Trails 1, 3 and 4 were great. Trail 2 had a massive mud pit that scared away the dirt bikes. Didn't make it to any other trails. BTW- trail fees were waived due to Veteran's Day.

Yeah, riding for free was great!@ Unfortunately I didn't know about it, otherwise I'd have taken my kids too! Oh well.

That mud hole caught me off-guard for sure. Got soaked right off the bat :busted: It didn't look wide enough to be as deep as it was... Rest of the trails were in great condition though.

Well, 30 years of riding and I have my first injury :busted: I twisted my ankle and am on crutches. MRI yesterday, and today, and back to the dr. again tomorrow to see if further action is necessary... I am not sure who you were since there were so many people out there, but I was in the second parking spot in, laying on the trailer with my feet propped up. Trailer on a blue Jeep Wrangler w/ my Husky behind it...

Best of luck with the recovery RyanK.

Well with this dreary weather I am sure that mud pit will be there again this weekend. Is anyone planning on riding at enoree this weekend? - assuming it remains open. My friends cant make it so I need to make some new ones haha.

Yeah, riding for free was great!@ Unfortunately I didn't know about it, otherwise I'd have taken my kids too! Oh well.

That mud hole caught me off-guard for sure. Got soaked right off the bat :busted: It didn't look wide enough to be as deep as it was... Rest of the trails were in great condition though.

Well, 30 years of riding and I have my first injury :busted: I twisted my ankle and am on crutches. MRI yesterday, and today, and back to the dr. again tomorrow to see if further action is necessary... I am not sure who you were since there were so many people out there, but I was in the second parking spot in, laying on the trailer with my feet propped up. Trailer on a blue Jeep Wrangler w/ my Husky behind it...

Dang how did you twist your ankle? Any news on the MRI?

Dang how did you twist your ankle? Any news on the MRI?

I was coming up a hill near the end of the last trail, maybe a 1/2 mile before you cross the road, and my bike shift left as it dropped into a bit of a rut. I don't know if My foot fell off the peg or i put it down to stabilize myself ( I don't usually do that 'cuz i know better), but anyways my foot went down and my toes caught on the side of the rutt, while my footpeg proceeded to keep me going forward and my foot rotated like the second hand on a clock :busted: man did it hurt!!!

Surgery is sheduled for next Wed., yes the day before Thanksgiving, to screw my 2 legbones back together above my ankle (torn ligaments). So I'll be out of work for at least 2 weeks, and off all my bikes for at least 8-10 weeks :busted::bonk: Even over Christmas shutdown when I planned on working on my kids bikes and taking them for 1 last ride for the year :lol:;):bonk:

HUGE bummer. Oh well, it happens. i was being as safe and responsible as i could (slow, boots, etc...)

Can you walk/run right now or too much pain?

I have a big stabilization boot on, and with it I can kinda walk, but it hurts worse and worse every day :busted: I mostly get around on crutches. By the time this is all healed, I shouldn't have a problem with arm pump! These crutches are one heck of a forearm workout!!!

Bummer to hear that...

Still...thirty years of riding without an injury is very impressive. If you keep that up you'll be an old man before your next injury! :busted: