Sign in to follow this  

Can I get an AMEN!!!

Since getting my CRF450R, I have been neglecting my CR250. It sat in the shop for 7 months just waiting. I took it out Sunday. It started after the 5th Kick, and didn't skip a beat after 4 hours of riding. :busted: :busted:

I'll never let her go!!!

I love mine too, ive spent over $2000 (its expensive to maintain a bike here) on her in the last 12-18 months and now she looks brand spankin new. Nobody can believe that she was born in 03 and she never has a headache or feels too tired to have a play on the trails. I will never let her go, she is just too good to me.

• Like 1

I owned a 1998 honda cr250 3 years ago before I went to college. I sold it for rent $ while I was @ school. Dumbest thing I ever did but I didn't have any riding buddys and needed $$..

3 years go by I move back home and one of my old friends got huge into motorcross. I had let him ride my 98 years before. He called me one night with my old bike sitting in his garage...It had gone through 2 owners since I first owned it. I contacted the current owner and made a deal with him.

I now OWN my old 98 cr250 as of 1 month ago or so....It's like a dream come true. The thing STILL runs as it did back then, which is perfect. Still had the same airfilter (smh) and spark plug in it but the good news is the 2 owners basically had it sitting for 3 years!!! Now it's back and better than ever and I'm bigger into it than ever as well.

Guys it really is an amazing thing I tell you. I learned my lesson though and I will NEVER sell this bike. It's now like my 95 chevy Z71. It's here for the long haul and ain't going anywhere! It's not like they even make them anymore anyway!!!

HONDA and CHEVY 4 life

SK.. I hear you about neglecting my cr250. I've owned a couple of 450's & now a recently aquired efi model. No mater if a couple of months go by after my last ride on the cr250 it fires up & never has let me down. That bike is never leaving my possesion until I can't physically ride it anymore. IMHO There's nothing like the feel of a 2 smoke hard hitting poweband. It's a rush I can never get tired of.

• Like 1

I owned a 1998 honda cr250 3 years ago before I went to college. I sold it for rent $ while I was @ school. Dumbest thing I ever did but I didn't have any riding buddys and needed $$..

3 years go by I move back home and one of my old friends got huge into motorcross. I had let him ride my 98 years before. He called me one night with my old bike sitting in his garage...It had gone through 2 owners since I first owned it. I contacted the current owner and made a deal with him.

I now OWN my old 98 cr250 as of 1 month ago or so....It's like a dream come true. The thing STILL runs as it did back then, which is perfect. Still had the same airfilter (smh) and spark plug in it but the good news is the 2 owners basically had it sitting for 3 years!!! Now it's back and better than ever and I'm bigger into it than ever as well.

Guys it really is an amazing thing I tell you. I learned my lesson though and I will NEVER sell this bike. It's now like my 95 chevy Z71. It's here for the long haul and ain't going anywhere! It's not like they even make them anymore anyway!!!

HONDA and CHEVY 4 life

I was with you right up until the Chevy Part. :busted:

At least we agree on the smoker :busted: