Sign in to follow this  

All you canadians!

I am 18 and looking to go on an adventure type vacation. I want to go camping in Canda but I am not going to trust google for places to go. I would like to go somewhere I can take a Mountain Bike, not a dirtbike, a fishing rod, and camping stuff, tent, backpack, etc etc. I am from the US and love the outdoors. Any advice would be great thanks.:busted:

First of all learn to spell CANADA EH. Then head west young man. Up to the Rockies of Alberta. Go to Calgary then up to Canmore for all your mountain biking/ fishing / camping. Then head North to Jasper to do it all over again. If you want to find a secret place known mainly to Saskatchewan residents, then go to Waskesui, Saskatchewan. They have camping/fishing/ mountainbiking/golfing, etc. But no motocross as it is a National Park.

C-EH-N-EH-D-EH

Marco:ride::busted::ride::busted:

With you being in Mass, I'd say the closest you're going to find is Algonquin Park. It's big enough it takes a couple hours to DRIVE through, so there's plenty of adventure to be had...

I LOVE the Rockies, but it'll take a few days to get there. Algonquin will take you a few hours.

From their site: http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/

Algonquin Park has over 1,500 lakes and 1,200 kilometres of streams and we have recorded 54 different species of fish in the Park. In addition, Algonquin Park is home to some of the finest Brook Trout and Lake Trout fishing in the world!
Q: How big is Algonquin Park?

A: 7,630 km² (or about 2,946 square miles). Algonquin Park is larger than Prince Edward Island (~5,684 km²), Canada's smallest province, or about the same size as the US states of Delaware (~1,955 square miles) and Rhode Island (1,045 square miles) combined.

If there's not enough MTB trails, stop by Hardwood Hills about 1 1/2 hrs south of Algonquin with over 80 km of pro competition level trails: http://www.hardwoodhills.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=186

WAIT Till SUMMER!! Wouldnt want you to be sleeping in any of our Igloos! LOL. I would say though! Pic a province that you feel is best suited and givverr! B.C is great for fishing/camping and mountain biking etc.! Just my 2cs

saskatchewan eh all the way

epic hunting riding and all that atuff.....then head to alberta and hit the mountains for the rest

come to north vancouver and ride the shore! squamish or pemberton are also awesome spots to shred. if you need a guide drop me a line, i mtb as well and i can show u the goodz!

check out www.nsmb.com and ask questions here: bb.nsmb.com

I would say BC has the best variety, Whistler would be a good place to go. Everything up there.

I would say BC is where all the freeride stuff started, oh the trails that used to be on the North Shore mountains, check out the old North Shore vids, Diggers stuff he was one of the main guys to build up all the trails.

I would say BC has the best variety, Whistler would be a good place to go. Everything up there.

I would say BC is where all the freeride stuff started, oh the trails that used to be on the North Shore mountains, check out the old North Shore vids, Diggers stuff he was one of the main guys to build up all the trails.

what do u mean by "used to be"?

everything is still here except maybe 2 digger & dan trails. kinda glad that they are gone anyway, the new school trails are so much more fun and they suit the new bikes better as well.

if anything i'd say that i'm having more fun on the newer "secret" trails now then i did at the shores prime from 02-06.

i went for a ride today on one of the old historical forgotten trails called "overflo". still awesome, still raw but with the new technology of bikes it makes drops feel a lot smaller. a 10'er back in 2002 would feel like a 20'er today......it would just hurt more now if u dont land it.

anyway.....the shore, if u ride mtb u have to experience it. its where it all began.