Sign in to follow this  

2011 KX250F or 2011 CRF250R?

I got the money, and there are 2 leftovers on the showroom floor. I race once a month but mostly just hit the tracks. Im a B rider from upstate NY. I race/ride on both sand and dirt. Cant decide. I like the Kx SFF but hondas are "reliable". PLEASE HELP! :busted:

In a shootout the honda came last and the kawi came second to the zuki, but i would reccomend the kawi.

I was talking to a guy this past weekend that bought a 2011 crf250 and he said he wasnt very happy with it. He had to take it back to the dealer within days because of computer problems and he also said it was hard to start. i have an 09 Kawi and love it! i would recommend going green!:busted:

Im not a fan of either. What type of riding do you do? How heavy are you? I have say lean towards the Kawi due to the power, but the Honda is a few pounds lighter. Are these bikes at 2 seperate dealers? I think a lot will have to do with you relationship with the dealer.

buddy of mine had a kx and had problems with the paw in the trans. It was a 06. Im sure all the bikes are fine new. Seems that the Honda has the most support for engine modds etc..

I bought the honda.

kawi's have had a lot of issues with the bottom ends, trannys, clutches, and cranks. Honda only has issues with the intake valves which is an easy and cheap fix. if it was me i would say go with a honda.

I know many people that have the KX and have never had problems. I would do more research on the claimed bottom end problems. Maybe neither bike is what you should get. If you spend 5000.00 on something you are unhappy with or 7000.00 on something you love that is a well spent 2000 extra.