Sign in to follow this  

Ironman Jesse Beck

The Los Ancianos MC is recognizing Jesse Beck for help rendered to fallen rider Desmond Mcdonald with a free entry to the Ironman class at the Tecate Hare Scrambles on Dec 3rd. In addition, the club is offering $200 to first place! The Ironmen will be starting at the front in both races so they can get the most enjoyment of the course. Thanks again Jesse for your participation, lets see who else is tough enough??? Elruko

Thumbs up, Jesse is a great guy.

Count me in for Ironman. Who else is up to it?

Thumbs up, Jesse is a great guy.

Count me in for Ironman. Who else is up to it?

Thinkin' bout it. Not sure I'm in Ironman shape though. Can one get in Ironman shape in 3 weeks? What does SurfNRide have to say about this? I think he's still bitter about the great Ironman controversy of 2009. Another jersey challenge on the horizon?

6329344278_ffab9b72e9_b.jpg

Maybe I spoke too soon, just looked at entry fee for Ironman, $120 too steep for me.

Maybe I spoke too soon, just looked at entry fee for Ironman, $120 too steep for me.

All you have to do is win it and you get $200 prize money and extreme bragging rights:banana: You and SNR can race for money this time round.

Chilly,

There are few individuals who can say that they "Ironmanned" a Los Ancianos event.

You can stand back and just be one face in the crowd or you can step forward, reach for the "brass ring" and be on the podium looking down at the crowd -- your choice.

Chilly,

There are few individuals who can say that they "Ironmanned" a Los Ancianos event.

You can stand back and just be one face in the crowd or you can step forward, reach for the "brass ring" and be on the podium looking down at the crowd -- your choice.

Oh please..... I ironed both morning and pm at the last HS. 5 hours and 1 min worth of riding by the time sheets. So keep you platitudes for the Huckleberrys.

Chilly,

That was then. What about now? I think it would be tough to watch the Ironman entrants ride away from their special first row starting positions on to fresh untracked trail and realize that you will not be a part of it this year. First tracks on new trails, prize money --- think about it.:busted:

Hey Chilly,

In recognition of the economic realities we have kept the Ironman $120 fee the same as it was back in 2009, added 10 more miles of new trail, and added a $200purse for the winner to give folks the opportunity to win it back. We also dropped the non-pro entries from $80 pre/$90/post (2009) to $70 pre/$80 post (2011).

We're trying.

The solo entry is Ironman Jesse Beck. At this rate he will win the $200 prize money. Also, 2nd place for all their effort will be awarded a massage compliments of Santa Veronica. Jump in Justin, this is you chance, you could get lucky!!! Elruko

At this rate he will win the $200 prize money. Also, 2nd place for all their effort will be awarded a massage compliments of Santa Veronica. Elruko

Sounds like a "happy ending" to me :lol:

The solo entry is Ironman Jesse Beck. At this rate he will win the $200 prize money. Also, 2nd place for all their effort will be awarded a massage compliments of Santa Veronica. Jump in Justin, this is you chance, you could get lucky!!! Elruko

I sent in my ironman entry at the end of last week. I thought SurfNRide and Chilly were going to step up. What the hell?

I sent in my ironman entry at the end of last week. I thought SurfNRide and Chilly were going to step up. What the hell?

Probably waiting fore a weather report - SNR can't ride if it is cold.

Just curious how long the course/race is for IM class?

Morning race: 2 hours on a 10-12 mile course (starts at 9:00 AM)

+

Afternoon race: 2 hours on a 25-27 mile course (starts at 12:00 PM)

Gives you an hour in between races, provided you're on pace in the morning :lol: Eat your Wheaties.