Honda Cr 250 Pre mixes, Best 2stroke oil??

I'm also a Klotz die hard. It's the LEAST EXPENSIVE "QUALITY" 2s oil I can get my hands on, plus it's made in the USA. I used to use the R50 back when I motocross the bike. 32"1

now I use the Klotz Techniplate blend for off roading. 44:1.

This is midway between the popular 40:1 & 50:1 ratios used by my offroading buds. also, u Can't beat that Klotz bean oil smell. :busted:

I don't really care about protection, just want it to smell good :busted:.

So........I really don't know the difference of these, even after reading the description. I will be running most likley 40:1 in my 02 CR250. Thanks!!

Klotz Super Techniplate

Klotz Benol

Klotz R-50

I know Castor927 smells good too, but think I wanna give Klotz a try. Any help?

Hello from Georgia! My son and I race CR250R Honda's Locally here and I have had Very good results using STIHL 2stroke oil for their chain saws. I know it sounds a little strange but my 2 stroke motors used to get lots of carbon buildup and foul plugs, even when mixed light, then a race guru whom I will not mention but used to be a pro told me about this oil that he swears by. I was amazed at the difference during top-end teardowns. Everything is clean as a whistle, and very little carbon buildup on the piston. It is formulated for the extreme heat the air cooled saw motors constantly run at, and doesn't scorch the oil or break it down so fast. It works for me! Smells good too! Hint of Pre-Mix, LOL.

I don't really care about protection, just want it to smell good :busted:.

So........I really don't know the difference of these, even after reading the description. I will be running most likley 40:1 in my 02 CR250. Thanks!!

Klotz Super Techniplate

Klotz Benol

Klotz R-50

I know Castor927 smells good too, but think I wanna give Klotz a try. Any help?

Klotz SuperTechnoplate is a synthetic blend with 20% castor (it smells good) this is probably your best bet of the Klotz products

Klotz Benol is full castor

Klotz R-50 is full synthetic

Maxima 927 is a synthetic blend with castor (not sure the %, but they state care must be taken when using in race or aviation fuels with under .73 specific gravity, and caution about separation under 35*)

Edited by Redlined

Klotz SuperTechnoplate is a synthetic blend with 20% castor (it smells good) this is probably your best bet of the Klotz products

Klotz Benol is full castor

Klotz R-50 is full synthetic

Maxima 927 is a synthetic blend with castor (not sure the %, but they state care must be taken when using in race or aviation fuels with under .73 specific gravity, and caution about separation under 35*)

Redlined, appreciate your help. I realize there are different applications/bikes, so different requirements. So just go with Technoplate for my cr250 eh? Care to answer why not Benol? or R-50? Just curious.

Hey guys just out of curiosity what pre mixes do you run for you bike? I used to own a kawasaki kx 250 07 and i ran 33:1 any ideas on the honda and ive just bought one but dont know what mix to use and whats the best 2stroke oil im thinking castrol tts?

Castrol TTS is a great nearly smoke-free oil. I used it in my Scorpa SY250. I like Maxima SuperM though for trail riding (a MX bike) at 50:1. Trials bike got 80:1.

Redlined, appreciate your help. I realize there are different applications/bikes, so different requirements. So just go with Technoplate for my cr250 eh? Care to answer why not Benol? or R-50? Just curious.

Synthetic is best for your application, but you want to smell castor - Klotz has solved this dilema with SuperTechnoplate.

You could run Benol, but it stores worse than synth, has various (potential) suspension problems, and will likely gum up your powervalve quicker.

R-50 is full synthetic, so it would be a fine choice, and I hear it smells good too, but contains no castor, so I doubt it smells like castor (which I admit is lovely).

I run Maxima Formula K2, it's an ultra high quality 100% ester based synthetic (most similar to R-50 of the Klotz offerings), I have no idea what it smells like, you'd have to ask the guy behind me:thumbsup: