Sign in to follow this  

Ktm freeride 350!

half the hp of a 250 two stroke and the same weight. Wow, where do I buy one??!!

lol.... what a dumb bike.

• Like 1

half the hp of a 250 two stroke and the same weight. Wow, where do I buy one??!!

Being from where you live I'm very surprised by your post. I see where KTM is going with this bike. Kind of trials, kind of MX but thoughts of Freeride mtn.biking in mind when they designed it. I have been trying to incorporate my Freeride Mtn.biking quest into my twist throttle riding for a long time without having to fully get into trials riding so I'm pretty stoked to have seen this video. Will I buy one of the Freeride 350's? I don't know but I sure want to ride one just to check it out.

lol, a 350 only has 25 HP?.....:busted:

in my town, you would be arrested immediately for doing most of the stuff that guy is doing. Free Ride but still expensive to get out of the impound yard.

WOW!!!

Really guys? A bike doesnt have to be a race bike to be fun!

Some of the most fun you can have on a bike is to take a couple of xr100`s and go at with a few buds.

This thing only weighs around 200lbs.

Bundy

Guys, its a beginner bike! look at it as a modern suspended, light wight, low center of gravity xr250! Im willing to bet I would be faster through the woods on this than a 450 any day of the week

Its yet another DIFFERENT concept KTM is playing with. they don't just follow the crowd and never have......the 200 and 300, heck even the 350sx were totally different from everyone else when they came out too.

Joe

• Like 1

I'd ride it. I think anything can be fun. Just depends on what mood I'm in.

Sometimes I go fast. Then sometimes I remember that I'm getting older and bones take longer to heal.

It may only be only 25hp but it's probably tuned for low rpm torque and a smooth powerband. I bet this thing would be a blast to ride through tight gnarly stuff and still be decent in the open. 200lbs and 25hp is a better power to weight ratio than most any trailbike offers. Maybe not as good as an MX bike but better than an XR or DRZ for sure.

Its not always about HP,bottom end is what you need for woods.Most of us cant use all the HP we have now,myself included.People have been riding XRs for a long time,and I dont think the small bores make 24HP.Plus this thing should run forever.

Over here in the UK all ktms are or can be road legal, 2 or 4 stroke it matters not, so we are the lucky one compared to most of the rest of the world

As for the free ride concept I personaly know loads of people that would love one for the trails and lanes

Would I own one ????? dam right I would

As for all the numb nuts that think that every bike should be 50 plus hp I doubt most of them can even use 20 hp but in there own small minds they think they are the worlds best MXer / Enduro rider when the reality of it all is they are far from it and never will be

Time will be once again prove if it becomes a good seller so the world will have to wait

Right Im off to garage to port and big bore all my bikes as they are not fast enough!!! then fit the hardest springs I can find and then go for a bit of trail riding :busted:

Its not always about HP,bottom end is what you need for woods.Most of us cant use all the HP we have now,myself included.People have been riding XRs for a long time,and I dont think the small bores make 24HP.Plus this thing should run forever.

Yup, the old XR250's were only about 20hp but they were tuned for low rpm power and to be very responsive at lower rpm's. Not always about the qty. but the quality of what it is putting down to the ground.

Thing looks awesome:banana:. Now I just need to move closer to an area with tight twisty trails:bonk:. 20hp and 200lbs would be perfect for a fun woods bike as long as it was torquey.

Its yet another DIFFERENT concept KTM is playing with. they don't just follow the crowd and never have......the 200 and 300, heck even the 350sx were totally different from everyone else when they came out too.

Joe

I have to agree with this, and I give 'em an "A" for innovation. The 25hp seems pretty anemic at first glance, but we'd have to look at a torque chart to learn the real story. I suspect the torque figures from above idle to say 5,000 rpms are impressive, which is the sweet spot for trail work. An engine like this would also last considerably longer than a it's higher reving cousin's.

I like it. Would rather see it with the 200 2t motor though...

Thing looks awesome:banana:. Now I just need to move closer to an area with tight twisty trails:bonk:. 20hp and 200lbs would be perfect for a fun woods bike as long as it was torquey.

What???? Last time I was in AZ. it was full of tight twisty rocky terrain.

Nirvana would be the closest canyon on this bike!!!

Bundy