Sign in to follow this  

q stealth arrived not impressed is this normal

hi got my q stealth thru this morning but it looks like the end cap was too small for the can and its been filled with silicone, is this a reject or are yours the same i have attatched a pic (hopefully) at the top of the can that dark bit is silicone is it normal

222.jpg

I'd be sending that POS back

Wow! yeah.

I can't see how anyone would consider that passing quality for a brand new silencer.

+2. that is not right or ah bullocks as you guys would say. send it back and tell those wankers to tighten up. make sure they cover your shipping too. FMF is a good company.....they step up and do the right thing

I wouldn't accept that either. The quality control guy must have been in the sh!tter when that one went through.

thanks guys i thought the same about the silicone blowing out. and after closer looking at the silencer its not inline either, one bracket looks way out and has a couple rivets in the can itself at random locations,going back tomarrow :busted:

thanks guys i thought the same about the silicone blowing out. and after closer looking at the silencer its not inline either, one bracket looks way out and has a couple rivets in the can itself at random locations,going back tomarrow :busted:

good call. did it come straight from fmf or did you buy it else where?

Mine fits much better than yours. FMF, what are they doing? Its a good product, but if thats the best workmanship they have, forget it.

+2. that is not right or ah bullocks as you guys would say. send it back and tell those wankers to tighten up. make sure they cover your shipping too. FMF is a good company.....they step up and do the right thing

That is not my experience with FMF. I have FMF stuff on 2 of my bikes right now but my experience with their customer service in the past was horrible. I had a pipe on a CR250 that came brand new with a defective weld. It was the most obvious weld, right at the fat part of the pipe where you look at it, one of the main seams. The weld was slightly off line and didn't completely seal the gap between the 2 stampings. When you would run the bike it would weep black spooge. :busted:

I tried contacting FMF and they gave me nothing but the run around and a headache. They swore up and down "all our pipes are pressure tested before they leave, there is no way it has a leaky weld." I sent pics and they offered. "get some silver solder and try to fix it your self" and absolutely refused to send another pipe or take mine back. :busted:

Ohhhhhh...I see you are in the UK.

Now, rumor has it, the UK sent crap merchandise to the USA and kept the good stuff for themselves. Maybe fmf is getting even?

I dont believe the leo has the spark arrestor. Thats a huge fine for those of us who drive by the game warden.

I woudl call fmf up and ask for Don Emler. When they ask whos calling, say, " Mike Jones,"....this is regarding the energ......Hey, did you ever do any voice-over work?

That will flatter her and send her mind in a new direction...you'll get right through to him.

THEN BAM...let him have it.

Its worked three times for me....

haha i must of got part of that crap haul that was meant for the us,i never brought it direct i brought it from a uk retailer. going for the leo vince now as i dont need a spark arrester just wanted a quiet pipe funy thing is a chap on another forum has exactly the same problem

Call them up, a few years ago I bolted on a new fatty, 1st time I blipped the throttle on the stand it cracked ! Called them they apologized, covered the shipping back, overnighted a new pipe and threw in a couple packs of silencer packing. Good enough for me.

I do like RCannons idea though, pretty sneaky. I like it !

I dont believe the leo has the spark arrestor. Thats a huge fine for those of us who drive by the game warden.

I woudl call fmf up and ask for Don Emler. When they ask whos calling, say, " Mike Jones,"....this is regarding the energ......Hey, did you ever do any voice-over work?

That will flatter her and send her mind in a new direction...you'll get right through to him.

THEN BAM...let him have it.

Its worked three times for me....

The Off-Road 2 Stroke Silencers of the LeoVince X3 range ensure the best quality, performance and price ratio for those who wish to customize their bikes simply, fast and with few modifications. The silencer and the header pipe are totally made of TIG-welded stainless steel AISI 304. The silencer is secured to the frame by means of carbon strips. The rear sump is made in carbon fibre. The kit produced for the American market is complete with Spark Arrestor that has obtained USFS homologation from the United States Department of Agriculture – Forest Service.