Sign in to follow this  

2004 DRZ400E Basic Jetting

Sorry to start another jetting thread, but after searching and reading for hours I just need a little advice.

Bone stock 2004 E with very low hours. Stock pipe, snorkle in place, untouched. All riding at about 800 ft above sea level.

I know enough to remove the snorkle.

After that, I just need good basic jetting.

I DO plan on removing coast enrichener and joining the two carb ports with vac hose so please include that info in the recommendation.

I'll be keeping the pipe all stock.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Sorry to start another jetting thread, but after searching and reading for hours I just need a little advice.

Bone stock 2004 E with very low hours. Stock pipe, snorkle in place, untouched. All riding at about 800 ft above sea level.

I know enough to remove the snorkle.

After that, I just need good basic jetting.

I DO plan on removing coast enrichener and joining the two carb ports with vac hose so please include that info in the recommendation.

I'll be keeping the pipe all stock.

Thanks!!!!!!!

What carb. do you have?

With removable CE it has to be FCR.

Simplest:

Remove air box snorkel

Set mixture screw 2.5 turns

Pilot jet - stock 45

Pilot air jet - stock 60

Air jet in the side nipple - stock 90

remove CE and connect the 2 nipples on the carb. Plug the nipple in the head (remove and use a 8mm bolt and seal washer)

Needle - stock OBDXP move clip to -5 (from the top) or buy a EMN clip at -3

Main jet - 158

Main air jet - stock 200

So assuming my FCR is all stock (and I know it is) I'm just removing the snorkle, setting the pilot mixture screw at 2.5, removing the CE as described, going to 5th position on needle and installing a 158 main.

Thanks

It should run very well with those settings. Might want to look into the "Eddie Mod" on the AP diaphram rivet and linkage :busted: