Sign in to follow this  

New ktm 350 freeride video

KTM just posted this video yesterday.

But I'd like to ask what everyone thinks about this bike?? What are your opinions, as I do not feel it to be a replacement to our gas engines.

But there are a lot of places that you could go riding and take these electric bikes that you would not be able to go with a traditional gas powered engine. Edited by Bryan Bosch

cool video

if I had lots of extra cash laying around it would be fun to have that bike, in the future, may not have a choice, hope it never gets to that

Imagine it taking 6 hours to fill up your tank... I'd also have to install a speaker on it so it didn't sound like a fuzzy little rodent:smirk:

Looks like it would be a blast for trails. No overheating, great power delivery, no stalling, and no noise to piss off the commies. The only problem is power. There aren't any outlets in the woods when you run out of juice:banghead:

I have had several Zero's and I am surprised how many people shoot this type of bike down. Yes it does not replace my ktm 200 or 250 xc-F yet nor my trials bikes but these things are dam fast and silent. You don't miss the sound. In fact there is nothing most people have ever ridden that goes as fast as these electric bikes with out noise! They are super quick, light and rally through the bush. The problem is that they don't last long enough yet however 2-3 hours in the bush or 45 min on a track full tilt and a 2nd battery can be dropped in in 15 seconds or charged in 2 hours not 6 like someone suggested above.

Again right now they don't replace a full grown moto but they are pretty awesome!

I like how it is proportioned correctly.

Edited by canammx1

Absolutely GAY!!!! Battery only lasting one hour with mixed riding so if you are hammering on it the time becomes even shorter. A top speed of 45 mph?? I guess this bike if you were a eleven year old girl racing senior citizens that were riding Rascals. Not to mention the fact that the price I saw listed was about 14,000? Really?!?!?! Yeah right, I will keep my kawi450 and keep on kicking dirt's a$$.

While I don't plan on getting one because of many of the reasons you just posted, I hardly think a 450 would be a fair comparison to one of these things...

It's a very specific market, but it would have some major advantages over a combustion engine powered vehicle in certain areas.

Don't worry though. As long as these commies stay in power, soon enough all we'll be able to ride-- if we can ride at all is these dinkey little eco friendly scooters. Imagine Chevy volt dirt bike... Wait some people might actually WANT one of these so that isn't a good comparison:smirk:

I moved, and they check sound here. My 250F didn't pass with an FMF Q but they let me ride because they said other bikes around probably made it read high. Riders were checking, not the sheriff this time so I might have got a break. The other area is at a 93 limit. I want to ride there but I can't do it legally. So less noise, ya it has meaning to me in a big, if you want to ride at all, way.

Electric is cool. I can see myself buying one some day. I don't want to be riding the same type of bike forever. New products are fun. I haven't heard any comparison about some of the changes that electric might have. The larger gas bikes feel heavy with a lot of rotating mass, elctric seems like it would have less. Huaberg redesigned their engine to change its location to deal with it. What about center of gravity, maybe the same? These things affect how a bike handles. I have not heard much about handling yet. Maybe until the bikes get more range, we won't hear much about handling.