Sign in to follow this  

Enclosed trailer windows

Anyone install windows on their enclosed trailer? I have a 6x12 enclosed trailer and I am looking to maybe put one on the side door and one or two on the side of the trailer.

If you haven't bought windows yet, I found this place as a source.

When I emailed the guy the 2 different sizes I was looking for, he had them in stock and with the correct trim ring size needed. He also seems to have good pricing.

http://teardroptrailerparts.com/Windows___Doors.php

Thanks for the link, I haven't been able to find to many places online that carry them. Did you install them on your trailer, how did they turn out?

Anyone install windows on their enclosed trailer? I have a 6x12 enclosed trailer and I am looking to maybe put one on the side door and one or two on the side of the trailer.

Know what you wall stud spacing is, most are like a home, 16" OC for the walls, 24" OC for the roof. IF you have 16" OC on the walls, no longer than 15" or you may need to frame in a window opening to do it right. I'm looking for those narrow, but wide ones, ie one that slides open horizontally, 15" wide and about 8" tall, like you'd see on the top bunk area of a camper. I want it in black frame, smoked glass. Not big enough for anyone to climb through. But cant seem to find an online source.

Edited by toyota_mdt_tech

Thanks for the link, I haven't been able to find to many places online that carry them. Did you install them on your trailer, how did they turn out?

No, I haven't bought any yet. I'm still thinking of upgrading my current 5x10 v-nose to a 6x12 v-nose so the windows are on the list for the new trailer.

I've noticed some horse trailers have windows, maybe one of those could be an option?

Here's a link I found doing a quick search (scroll down to see the inventory):

http://www.horsetraileraccessorystore.com/windows,_feed_doors.htm

untitled4.jpg

DDW.JPG

We installed 3 of those in our club trailer to do sign up and transactions. Had to weld in cross bracing for support.

I was thinking about doing this when I was in the market for an enclosed trailer, but then I was thinking that it is another entrance for a thief to enter. Any thoughts on that or am I too paranoid? lol

I was thinking about doing this when I was in the market for an enclosed trailer, but then I was thinking that it is another entrance for a thief to enter. Any thoughts on that or am I too paranoid? lol

I'm with you. That is why I wont put one on my RV side door, I want it midway on the sides, up high, no more than 15" long (so no making a load bearing from cutting a stud and no more than about 8" high, smokes, windown slides open (only half) but I cant find them. They are out there. I just cant find a source.