Sign in to follow this  

2011 449 Vs 511

I'm looking to buy a TE511. Does anyone have experience of riding both the 449 and 511 because i've ridden a 449 and not a 511. I didn't find the 449 overly powerful so is the 511 got a noticable amount of more power as i'm not seeking anymore and what in general is difference in riding experience in woods between both bikes, hard acceleration, racing etc..

Also has anyone heard of the secondary drive on the clutch wearing on either bike and power commanders do these work?

I'm looking to buy a TE511. Does anyone have experience of riding both the 449 and 511 because i've ridden a 449 and not a 511. I didn't find the 449 overly powerful so is the 511 got a noticable amount of more power as i'm not seeking anymore and what in general is difference in riding experience in woods between both bikes, hard acceleration, racing etc..

Also has anyone heard of the secondary drive on the clutch wearing on either bike and power commanders do these work?

26cc's it's hard to tell much of a differeance between either bike... the 511 feels just a tad stronger.

I have a TE511 with 2200 miles on it. Solid bike and I love it. Also rode a TE449 back to back with mine for a full trail day and it does have slightly less power, not much but noticeable. All that said these bikes are VERY capped. Put a muffler and JD EFI tuner on it and it flat RIPS. Mine will do 60 MPH wheelies on the road and tears holes in the trail. The difference with the muffler and JD tuner is amazing.

IMG4140-XL.jpg

Great bikes IMHO

IMG4212-XL.jpg

Ride, i'm more a racer than a ride-out with friends guy on the trails - nice photos. I read Alex Slavini is doing well in World Enduro Championship aboard the 511, but sales in the UK are not as good as they could be after David Knight left BMW. he really damaged Husqvarna in the UK because most comments from fellow riders are "thats that BMW engine".

My former TXC449 came with a Akro tail can,and i thought this allowed the exhaust gases to breath better than the standard unit.....i'm assuming in the states you get an Akro tail can with your bikes? I've been pointed towards a powercommander not sure its for me but if its helps the running of the bike then its defo a consideration

Ride, i'm more a racer than a ride-out with friends guy on the trails - nice photos. I read Alex Slavini is doing well in World Enduro Championship aboard the 511, but sales in the UK are not as good as they could be after David Knight left BMW. he really damaged Husqvarna in the UK because most comments from fellow riders are "thats that BMW engine".

I don't race anymore. If i did I'm not sure the 449/511 would be my top choice. I'm sure it can be done but was not designed as the ultimate race bike. For a hard core DS / trail bike it is very hard to beat.

I don't race anymore. If i did I'm not sure the 449/511 would be my top choice. I'm sure it can be done but was not designed as the ultimate race bike. For a hard core DS / trail bike it is very hard to beat.

the 449 is a quick turner, stable with great brakes. a comparison to a 09 ktm 300 or a 310 xlite i'm quicker everywhere apart from a wet course when the ktm is easier......the key word with these 449's is 'suspension'. its so easy to ride and with not as much power as a ktm 450 its more like a husaberg 390 power but a little more top end. I'll have another 2011 449 the new colours just don't work for me as yet.

the 449 is a quick turner, stable with great brakes. a comparison to a 09 ktm 300 or a 310 xlite i'm quicker everywhere apart from a wet course when the ktm is easier......the key word with these 449's is 'suspension'. its so easy to ride and with not as much power as a ktm 450 its more like a husaberg 390 power but a little more top end. I'll have another 2011 449 the new colours just don't work for me as yet.

Agree. Great bike. I ride with KTM guys and one ride there was my 511, a KTM 250 and KTM 450 and we all liked the 511 the best.

as for the 449/511 you will not notice any difference in how it turns or works just slightly more power off the bottom.

I've bought a new 2011 TE449. I would have bought secondhand but the price was cheaper then most secondhand bikes so new bike for me. now i just need to break the news to the wife any suggestions?

Having troubles finding power commander/JD tuning information on this site? Also any info on protecting electrics and fuel system from jet washing?