Stewart doing the time

Doesn't matter. This issue seems to have a resolution and remedy in place.

Hopefully, we can just focus on racing.

Did it occur to you that to some people it does matter and they want to talk about it? That's why the thread was started. If you want to "focus on racing" there's plenty of threads that do just that. :busted:

one year probation is to much for first offence:bonk:...... should have gave him a spanking and not wasted tax payers money on this. he did something stupid like most of us have and got caught:ride:

And that sort of mentality is exactly what is rotting society these days. No accountability for people's actions. Doesn't matter if it was a "first" offense, it was wrong and illegal, now he gets the punishment he deserves.

FWIW i have meet James and actually Riden with Malcom a few times I do not think James is a bad person but with that being said IF YOU DID NOT KNOW James or who he was and this was just some joe smo how would you feel ? You would be pissed if some clown was playing cop and trying to pull people over . This was a big issue in Fl becuse they have had people in rental cars being pulled over and car jacked .

Did it occur to you that to some people it does matter and they want to talk about it? That's why the thread was started. If you want to "focus on racing" there's plenty of threads that do just that. :busted:

You want to talk about how many times James has committed a crime and didn't get caught? That's what i was responding to.

But since you want to talk about this, let me indulge you if you don't mind... what your answer to the question? How many times do you think James used that siren before he got caught?

You want to talk about how many times James has committed a crime and didn't get caught? That's what i was responding to.

But since you want to talk about this, let me indulge you if you don't mind... what your answer to the question? How many times do you think James used that siren before he got caught?

You said "Hopefully, we can just focus on racing." Since this thread has nothing to do with racing, it seemed like you were referring to the thread in general. And I never said that I wanted to talk about it, but my point still stands that he did. Who are you to decide what matters and what doesn't? If you don't care, dont post.

FWIW i have meet James and actually Riden with Malcom a few times I do not think James is a bad person but with that being said IF YOU DID NOT KNOW James or who he was and this was just some joe smo how would you feel ?

This has nothing to do with him being a good or bad person at all. He did the crime and now has to pay for it, period. Also, it shouldn't make a difference if he's rich or a celebrity, the punishment should be the same for anyone for the same offense, rich or poor. Same crime = same punishment.

Lots of convicts can come up with the same excuse, "I'm not a bad person, I can have my family/friends testify I'm such a sweet honest person". No amount of excuses makes up for the crime committed.

His punishment is not to far out of line for what he was accused of (not convicted of). Max of 5 years with most people just getting probation... max of $1000 fine with most getting less...

I dislike Stewart every time he lines up at a race... That said he does not seem to be getting super special treatment from the courts.