Sign in to follow this  

2011 ktm 200 cutting out

i looked everywhere for an answer but i can't find one, so i'll apologize up front. My bike with about 64 hours is cutting out at near full throttle. I cleaned the carb twice, new spark plug and no diff. It runs fine otherwise, just no powerband. The main jet is clean...! What else could it be?

i looked everywhere for an answer but i can't find one, so i'll apologize up front. My bike with about 64 hours is cutting out at near full throttle. I cleaned the carb twice, new spark plug and no diff. It runs fine otherwise, just no powerband. The main jet is clean...! What else could it be?

The weather changed. Try changing jets.

How is the drool?

Just removed the "homemade" spark arrestor from an old one I had on a four stroke and found it clogged and gunked up. No wonder it wouldn't make full throttle! I am new to 2 strokes and had cleaned the carburetor three times and put new plugs in. Hope the learning curve isn't any more painful!

thanks for all the responses!

I had the same problem...adjusted the float, drained the gas tank, adjusted the PV...problem would go away then reoccur, sometimes really badly when I really needed a hand full of throttle.

One day, it hit me. When I was pressure washing my bike I was always careful around anything with bearings...but not careful enough around the gas cap. I was inadvertantly shooting water into my tank and it would only show up under full throttle when the bowl was being depleted. Carefully removing your bowl with the gas still in there will allow you to see the water floating on top of the gas.

I stopped pressure washing around my cap and the issue went away.Might not be your problem but I can't be the first one...

I had the same problem...adjusted the float, drained the gas tank, adjusted the PV...problem would go away then reoccur, sometimes really badly when I really needed a hand full of throttle.

One day, it hit me. When I was pressure washing my bike I was always careful around anything with bearings...but not careful enough around the gas cap. I was inadvertantly shooting water into my tank and it would only show up under full throttle when the bowl was being depleted. Carefully removing your bowl with the gas still in there will allow you to see the water floating on top of the gas.

I stopped pressure washing around my cap and the issue went away.Might not be your problem but I can't be the first one...

So...If I am hearing you correctly, even tho I have my gas cap on securely and locked I can shoot water in there? I have the same 2011 KTM 200 and I like tp pressure wash. I will go easy around the tank I guess,