What front / rear tires are you guys using?

It is time to replace the tires on my '09 KTM 250 XC. Since most of my riding is done at Walden and/or here in the NE, I figured I'd ask you guys / gals what tires you have had the best luck with.

Also, how would you describe the conditions at Walden? Loamy with rocks? Loose dirt? Anything to help me select a decent set of tires :busted:.

Thanks!

Dan

I read some negative reviews on the MX51 (I think that's what I have on there now - I'll check when I get home).

Thanks - Mike! I also do some riding on a private track that is primarily hard packed earth with rocks. Some of it is loose dirt, also with rocks. Lately the front end just hasn't been feeling "planted". It always seems to feel on the verge of washing out / sliding, etc. The bike definitely does not turn as well as I think it used to.

I like the Bridgestone M403 and 404 intermediate/soft tires. I've had good luck with the 603 and 604 intermediate/hard pack too. A lot of the clay based tracks around here end up hard packed by the end of the day.

Can you give us a breakdown on the tire pressures you prefer and the different conditions to match them? Like, is 13.75 psi better at noon on a day with 56% humidity and full sun or is 13.85 better???

:busted:

Can you give us a breakdown on the tire pressures you prefer and the different conditions to match them? Like, is 13.75 psi better at noon on a day with 56% humidity and full sun or is 13.85 better???

:bonk:

i run MX51s or the bridgestone M403 as well at 12-13 PSI

im usually at e town,walden,AK all those tracks

e town and walden are probably the most loamy and deepest. both those tires will be great anywhere

Thanks :busted:. I'll probably give the Bridgestone M403 / M404 combo a try.

Jim I'll send you my spread sheets but you will have to compensate for daylight savings time yourself

Its good that they aren't sending anymore shuttles up and you can finally put NASA's computers and engineers to proper use! :busted:

I think someones spouce has been led to believe that a bike must be replaced after the tire pressure has been adjusted a dozen or so times!:busted:

I think someones spouce has been led to believe that a bike must be replaced after the tire pressure has been adjusted a dozen or so times!:busted:

Funny you say that because I asked her if she wanted to take a ride with me later and look at a new orange 450. I got the usual look of disgust and she said "ok but we have to go to the market first". When I told her I was getting the 350 she said "look what happened to Shorty, your not going to like it". :busted:

Funny you say that because I asked her if she wanted to take a ride with me later and look at a new orange 450. I got the usual look of disgust and she said "ok but we have to go to the market first". When I told her I was getting the 350 she said "look what happened to Shorty, your not going to like it". :busted:

Oh boy....so you said to her, "honey you were right...., now i have to go buy the 450..."

I'm now considering getting a new bike instead of new tires. I think I'd really like the KTM 350 SXF :busted:.

The tires are still like new! If you are serious I'll give you a great deal, less than 5 hours on it. If you like two strokes you would love the 350, best of both worlds. PM me.

The tires are still like new! If you are serious I'll give you a great deal, less than 5 hours on it. If you like two strokes you would love the 350, best of both worlds. PM me.

I'll notify Guinness World Records! I think 4 hours is a new one!

The longest you've ever owned a bike record! You are a LEGEND! :busted: