Sign in to follow this  

Valley de Guadalupe

Need some recommendations for restaurants and hotels in Valle de Guadalupe. Since we've had so many "sausage fests" with all our rides, I thought we would take the ladies for an overnighter with some good food, wine/cocktails and a nice room. Any fun winery tours?

Thanks

Need some recommendations for restaurants and hotels in Valle de Guadalupe. Since we've had so many "sausage fests" with all our rides, I thought we would take the ladies for an overnighter with some good food, wine/cocktails and a nice room. Any fun winery tours?

Thanks

Here's another thought... Stay in Ensenada and drive up for the wine. There's not much else in Guadalupe except wine, so this would give more options. I did this with a girlfriend and we had a great time. Night life of Ensenada and day of wine tasting.

There are some really nice restaurants and hotels in Valle de Guadalupe.

Just from memory:

Hacienda Guadalupe - hotel and restaurant

La Villa del Valle - hotel

Laja - Restaurant

El Laguito - Restaurant at Monte Xanic

Prices may be somewhat higher at these places, though, and they are not always open so call ahead to make reservations.

Beautiful place, fantastic food, not outrageous price, and they don't mind if you show up in moto gear.

Bit off the beaten path and worth it.

WineCheese018.jpg

WineCheese019.jpg

WineCheese020.jpg

Edited by BajaBoundMoto
and friendly dogs too by the looks of it...

Thanks for the recs. La Villa de Valle looks top notch and so does Laja restaurant, the girls would really dig all that especially if they can get massages with their wine. Is there a good bar in town to hang out at while the girls are getting the treatment? Hmm, I wonder how they would feel about us bringing our bikes along?:busted:

A neat paved backroad to wine country is off of the tj-ensenada free road. Get off toll at la mision, go 15 minutes or so on free road south, and past the military check the road on left will get you to wine country. On that road there are a bunch of small vinyards.

I mentioned another thread ochentos pizza. Really tricky to find but worth the search. I think they have live music often on weekends.

----

I wanna know,there is a trail that connects ojos negros with LA Cetto/dona Lupes. Anyone has the story on it?

Beautiful place, fantastic food, not outrageous price, and they don't mind if you show up in moto gear.

Bit off the beaten path and worth it.

WineCheese018.jpg

WineCheese019.jpg

WineCheese020.jpg

This place looks awesome.

31° 57.785' N 116° 38.036' W GPS coordinates for Ochentos Pizza!

A neat ...

I mentioned another thread ochentos pizza. Really tricky to find but worth the search. I think they have live music often on weekends.

----

I wanna know,there is a trail that connects ojos negros with LA Cetto/dona Lupes. Anyone has the story on it?

Has anyone got a line on a place where you could ride in with your backpack, spend the night for say $50-$75 range as a stop on a "freestylin" trip?

Yes it's the old baja course that goes through valle seco and the old adobe ruins just passing the wheat fields I think then you drop in the wash and take's you to Ojos negros.

Does anyone have any info. on RV parks. I'm thinking of taking my wife, Dual sport and my dirt bike . Into wine country in January

We stopped in and it was incredible! Great spot, great pizza.

31° 57.785' N 116° 38.036' W GPS coordinates for Ochentos Pizza!

• Like 1