Question about Aztec

Do they ever kick the big bikes off the track and allow the kids / mini's to practice by themselves? From what I can tell on their website, they don't. I know I would take my son there every chance I had if for 20 minutes every two hours, the track was open for mini's only. There is no way I would send my son out on the track on his 65 if there are big bikes around.

My guess is that if Aztec did have a scheduled mini only practice, and publisized it, they would draw a pretty good crowd.

Right now my son is limited to the kids track at Watkins, sometimes we go to Berthoud and he rides the kids track there, but short of doing SRAC or RMXA next year there is no opportunity that I am aware of to get him on the main tracks safely.

I've never seen Byron do that before. His cell number is available on the hotline though and you could always ask him. What I DO see at Aztec is mini riders riding the sections of the track that are not actively used in the main track layout. My buddies kid can ride his 65 for hours on 6-10 jumps and make up a course to ride that is no part of the main track layout.

FYI, Byron changes the main track layout every 2-3 weeks and includes and excludes different jumps each time.

My kids have been riding with the big bikes since they were 7. most of the big bikes are looking out, I understand your fears, but none of the tracks accomidate the little guys. We have never had a problem, but accidents do happen. The MX community I find is very kind to the little rippers and when one crashes someone always acts as blocker, someone helps till the parents get there. I worry too, but like I said, nothing has happend and we ride all the tracks, on weekends, and they've been fine

I've never seen Byron do that before. His cell number is available on the hotline though and you could always ask him. What I DO see at Aztec is mini riders riding the sections of the track that are not actively used in the main track layout. My buddies kid can ride his 65 for hours on 6-10 jumps and make up a course to ride that is no part of the main track layout.

FYI, Byron changes the main track layout every 2-3 weeks and includes and excludes different jumps each time.

I knew the track layout changes frequently but I didn't know the unused portions were open to ride. I will have to check it out. Thanks!

My kids have been riding with the big bikes since they were 7. most of the big bikes are looking out, I understand your fears, but none of the tracks accomidate the little guys. We have never had a problem, but accidents do happen. The MX community I find is very kind to the little rippers and when one crashes someone always acts as blocker, someone helps till the parents get there. I worry too, but like I said, nothing has happend and we ride all the tracks, on weekends, and they've been fine

Maybe when he gets faster I would be comfortable with that but not right now. I had to hang it up this April do to injury so I know the community very well, raced off road for almost 30 years, and you're right they are good people. In the interim, I think I will take him to Aztec and see what he can do on the unused track as Thorny mentioned.