Sign in to follow this  

OffRoad Who had the most impressive year?

Charlie Mullins- 1st GNCC

2nd National Enduro

Kurt Casseli- 1st National Hare and Hound

1st WORCS

Won E2 class @ the ISDE

Taddy- 1st Erzberg

Dominating Endurocross

Or one of the WEC Champs- Mika, Juha, or Meo?

Im going with Graham Jarvis. he won 4 tough enduros this year. Romaniacs, Hells Gate, The tough one and Xtinction. And almost winning Erzberg but missing the check point! Second would be Kurt though.

Hard to choose just from the ones that have been mentioned so far. Taddy is one badass dude and Charlie seems to be on a tear, plus Jarvis is an animal so my choice woud be.....all of the above^^^!:busted:

Im going with Graham Jarvis. he won 4 tough enduros this year. Romaniacs, Hells Gate, The tough one and Xtinction. And almost winning Erzberg but missing the check point! Second would be Kurt though.

That is an amazing year and he still has The Roof of Africa! The cool thing is the dude seems so down to earth in his interviews!

Kurt Kasseli gets my vote hands down. 2 championships plus the overall E2 at the ISDE wich I don't think has been done before..... The man was on fire this year.

My next vote would go to Juha with back to back title wins in 2010/2011.

Kurt Kasseli gets my vote hands down. 2 championships plus the overall E2 at the ISDE wich I don't think has been done before..... The man was on fire this year.

My next vote would go to Juha with back to back title wins in 2010/2011.

I totally agree with Caselli, I think that it spoke to his dominance when he broke his bike a mile from the finish in the 1st round of H&H, then pushed his bike the one mile to the finish line in 5th place! Also his nice finishes filling in aboard Knighter's 500exc (totally different than his 450sx) in the WEC (while doing two series in the states).

What a year of dominance though!

Mullins is Badass brought the US back to the top in GNCC and down to the last race in National Enduro (4 point spread).

Juha WEC champ 2nd in class ISDE.

Jarvis with a year like none that I know of in hard enduro (maybe Knight in the mid 2000's)

This was my favorite rider of all time, Destry Abbott's, last season racing any series full time. He's not always winning overalls, but at 39 years old, he's still extremely competitive! Go Dusty Rabbit! But of the three options:

Kurt gets my vote hands down.

but I'm also amazed by Taddy, and though he's not quite at the top, our local boy Taylor Robert really came out this year with some overall WORCS wins. Watch out for him next year! Awesome year of off-road racing in my opinion!

don't forget Meo beating the 450f's and 250 smokers on a 310 in WEC E2 after winning E1 last year

It really isn't a contest, Caselli has had an amazing year. To win WORCS and NHHA is amazing, they are two totally different disciplines. Top finishing American, 3rd overall at ISDE plus his work in the WEC and you have a great body of work, all done in one year.

As already mentioned, someone who has been in the conversation for the last 15 years is semi-retiring. Destry has been a top contender in NHHA (3rd on the season), WORCS (consistantly in the top 10) as well as his time with ISDE and EX, all of this while pushing 40.

I thought there would be more coast bias on this thread because CM in the NE & GNCC. I guess that Caselli's performance in WEC, ISDE & EnduroX stopped the East Coast haters of the best well rounded dirt rider in America and maybe the world.

All three were impressive but winning Erzberg........wow that tops it. That is one hell of a race.

I don't think that makes you the best offroad racer for the year. Doing something

like KC did, which requires amazing talent in many different disciplines is truly incredible. :busted:

I gotta say Juha. He has already won GNCC championship two times, so he has made a statement how fast he really is compared to anyone. And his eight (?) WEC championship, that's just sick! He's the king of enduro.

And hey, dont forget his ISDE championship this year too!

I gotta say Juha. He has already won GNCC championship two times, so he has made a statement how fast he really is compared to anyone. And his eight (?) WEC championship, that's just sick! He's the king of enduro.

All that this year? Whoa, I may just change my vote.

If your talking year...which is what the original poster was asking. I would have to give it Casselli. Hard to argue against what he accomplished this year!