Sign in to follow this  

2013 450 SX-F Availability?

Anyone heard when the new EFI 450's will be arriving in North America? Dungey needs to have a bunch of them over here so he can race A1 come January. Or are the rules being massaged?

Do they really need to get them in the states being its actually a production motor out of the xc line (of Course Heavily Modified.

All that ktm has to do is get the xc model approved, costs $3000 see approval form here

http://www.amaproracing.com//assets/2011%20SX%20MX%20Homologation.pdf

That's probably less than the spend on the lunch after Dungey's announcement.

I agree. I dont think KTM is going to release a bunch of 2013's when there are 2012's to sell, and it will be good R & D with dungey racing it.

Doesn't the XC have PDS suspension? I doubt ama homologation is going to allow mixing and matching parts from different bikes...

im sure ktm has already discussed this with the ama. If Dungey had some type of unfair advantage, i could see the AMA saying no way in hell, but its all production just mixed up a little.

im sure ktm has already discussed this with the ama. If Dungey had some type of unfair advantage, i could see the AMA saying no way in hell, but its all production just mixed up a little.

The way i understand the rule the bike has to be the same model that is going to be used , a XC is not a SXF , so somebody is going to be bribing someone to get his bike to the gate

3. Production and Importation Minimum Requirements

Minimum quantities which must be available through US dealers:

All Manufacturers – 400 units per model

Importation quantity requirements must be completed by June 1st of the current season.

**** For 2012 and beyond, 50% of the importation requirements must be met by

March 1st of the current season ****

Who cares how they get it to the gate as long as it shows up, I certainly don't. Ill be at A-1 looking for Dungey on his new rocket ship.