Sign in to follow this  

Installed and adjusted my MCCT...

When for my first ride after installing the Thumper MCCT on my DRZSM, and have a couple notes and a question.

- I needed to turn the adjuster out further than I expected before I got the loud rattling sound, but the rattling sound was definitely very obvious when it started. If you're not sure if you hear it or not, then you're not.

- The engine is a little louder and more mechanical sounding, which I understand is normal. I like it.

The question is, at certain higher RPMs, it sounds like there a little rattling coming from the engine which wasn't there before the MCCT install. Is this normal?

When for my first ride after installing the Thumper MCCT on my DRZSM, and have a couple notes and a question.

- I needed to turn the adjuster out further than I expected before I got the loud rattling sound, but the rattling sound was definitely very obvious when it started. If you're not sure if you hear it or not, then you're not.

- The engine is a little louder and more mechanical sounding, which I understand is normal. I like it.

The question is, at certain higher RPMs, it sounds like there a little rattling coming from the engine which wasn't there before the MCCT install. Is this normal?

sounds like you may be luggin the bike. what are your shifting points?

try keeping the rpm's up

thinking of installing one of these myself. how often do they need adjusting? how do you know when it needs adjusting?

I've just fitted one on mine, the engine had been run just before i changed it (warm engine) and i did the same as you tweeked it until the rattle just went off then torqued it up and it sounded fine. but the following day on start up from cold it rattled like a bag of spanners ( a bit to much in my novice opinion) so re ajusted on a cold engine as soon as i got the ckoke off, mine seems to be fine now. I think because the setting's are ajustable you need to listen to you bike and ajust accordingly and bare in mind if your bike's warm,cold, on tickover, or been hammered etc

once you set them up they are pretty much maintenence free , the only time i reset mine is when i take the cams out

i have to adjust mine about once a year. i'm getting scared that i won't new when the limit of the chain has been reached and that the chain will break. i think i'm going back to the ACCT and i'll just change the chain every 4-5 years.

i have to adjust mine about once a year. i'm getting scared that i won't new when the limit of the chain has been reached and that the chain will break. i think i'm going back to the ACCT and i'll just change the chain every 4-5 years.

Never seen a DRZ cam chain fail like that :busted: If you run out of adjustment, the chain is done..

Or install a fresh chain, adjust the MCCT and likely not touch it again for 20,000 miles.

And unless you’re doing many thousands of miles a year, the MCCT should not have need adjustment.. Unless the chain was worn to start with, MCCT over tightened, or both.

Never seen a DRZ cam chain fail like that :busted: If you run out of adjustment, the chain is done..

Or install a fresh chain, adjust the MCCT and likely not touch it again for 20,000 miles.

And unless you’re doing many thousands of miles a year, the MCCT should not have need adjustment.. Unless the chain was worn to start with, MCCT over tightened, or both.

i installed the MCCT with a new cam chain. i adjusted it every time just how Eddie says to.... when the marbles in a can sound stops then tighten the nut. i think i have had to adjust it about every 5,000 miles, don't hold me to that though, i just adjust it when the marbles in a can sound comes back. at this rate though i don't see the cam chain lasting any longer than if i had the acct installed.