Sign in to follow this  

85 KLR 600 Carb Duct Install

Okay so what I thought was going to be a piece of cake has left me with two left thumbs. The carburetor duct tube has pulled away from the carburetor. I thought just accessing through the air box and giving a good push would do the trick but no go. Is there an easy way to get the duct back on the carb? BTW the carb is for a 650 in case there is a size difference.

Thanks!

If its gone hard with age it makes it more difficult. Hears what I do loosen the carb from the rubber on the head and slide it back on to the rubber if you need more room remove the rubber of the head and replace it after its on the filter. Trying to get the filter rubber on wille the carbs on the engine is a real pain in the A**

Well between disconnecting from the head and using a heat gun she slid on fine. Now I have to figure out what I disconnected as I have zero power, no lights ect even though the battery is charged. Ah good times!

Might pay to pop all of the connectors apart on the wiring loom and check all the terminals.

I have had no end of trouble with mine, so much that I have rebuilt the whole loom.

Good luck.

Arai.