Sign in to follow this  

06 rmz250, is it a good choice?

Hi, I am considering wether to get a 06 RMZ250, and use it for trail and enduro, as many people say they have good low to mid power.

But I am curious to whether a 04 Honda CRF250R has any better performance for trail/enduro riding, such as torque from low rpm ranges, weight compared to a 06 RMZ 250 and reliability and maintenance compared to a 06 RMZ250?

Any contribution would be greatly appreciated TTers, Thanks.

I would not Purchase an 07 and down rmz. 07 and up then you're golden, they are very reliable bikes. But 04-06 bikes are known for terrible reliability. I don't think the Honda would be much better either. Save some extra change for an 07!

I can't really speak on the RMZ's behalf since I only have experience on Hondas. The older hondas like the 04 your looking at overall have good reliability. The most common issue with them is the intake valves losing clearance faster then any other bike. Throw in a set of kibblewhite SS valves n springs and that bike would be good to go.

When it comes to older four strokes your taking a gamble with either bike, check both out and go with whichever is in the best condition. Also see how well the owner maintains the bike... ( For instance, Id take a bike thats sitting nicely on a stand in a garage full of tools over a bike chained up outside leaning behind a shed lol)