Sign in to follow this  

Hand guard kits for ttr250

What's the best handguard kit out there that fits the 2006 and 2003 TTR250 (I think they are identical). I'm looking for the type that are heavy duty enought to withstand a drop to protect the levers.

Just bought two TTR garage queens with less than 40 hours each... fantastic bikes, plenty of power and great bikes to learn on.

Thanks!

If you spend more than 50 bucks on a universal, you'll be fine. If you go cheap with these, you get cheap. I think the barkbusters get the best reviews, but pricey that i've found. I'm looking for a set for a XT250, but I don't hard core ride anymore, so I can go cheap. :busted:

I don't know about the best, but I've been very satisfied with the MSR Evolution Handguards. I've had them on my '06 TT-R250 for 3 years, and hammered them pretty hard a number of times without any damage to the guards or the levers (or my fingers). Bought them through the ThumperTalk store - P/N 34-0792 for the guards and P/N 34-0542 for the blue deflectors, and I see that they are still available (in the Tucker Rocky catalog).

Hope this helps.

Dave

What's the best handguard kit out there that fits the 2006 and 2003 TTR250 (I think they are identical). I'm looking for the type that are heavy duty enought to withstand a drop to protect the levers

i put the cheap moose aluminum on my 250 and beat the crap out of them. hit trees went down in rocks a hundred times. still holding up. they save the levers.