How to wire an electic jack

I purchased an electric jack for my bike trailer. It has 1 positive wire that needs to be connected. I have your standard round electrical hook up with 6 contacts inside 2 of witch are not used and do not have metal contacts in them. The connector or trailer side is your standard 4 wire.

What do I need to do to wire this jack. I want to wire it into the existing round plug. Do I need a new hook up plug?

Thanks

Is the switch for up and down in the jack itself?

If so, here's how I'd go about this.

Go directly to the fuse panel, or battery if your trailer doesn't have a fuse panel and install a fuse and a switch capable of the amp load this jack will draw (this way you can shut the juice off in case some kids start messing around with it).

Wire it in good quality wire of appropriate gauge, with flex loom over it to protect from the elements, then secure the loom so it isn't flapping around while in transit.

I wouldn't wire it directly to the truck's constant power line, but if you have to go that route, in a 6 round RV plug, the center pin (black) is 12V battery power. I'd be sure to put a fuse in there for protection.

Yes the switch is for up and down.

The trailer is a utility type so dose not have any power supply.

The RV plug I have dose not have a center pin.

If I get a RV plug with the center pin I would just run the connection from it right?

OR let me ask you this. There are 2 pins in the connector that are not being used. 1 hot 1 negative. I could just wire into that one as well right?

I could always put a kill switch in between the jack and hook up, I like that idea, good input.

You can wire it any way you feel comfortable with, but I tend to agree with what I think CH was alluding to. That is the fact that the standard trailer plugs you find out there have specific hookup schematics. If you wire according to the known standard you can confidently plug into any trailer plug that matches yours.

If wired differently from the standard, when your buddy borrows your truck to pull a small trailer and plugs into it, a smoke show might ensue.

As long as you use your head, fuse properly and know that it will never get plugged into a strange hole you can do as you wish.

Is the switch for up and down in the jack itself?

If so, here's how I'd go about this.

Go directly to the fuse panel, or battery if your trailer doesn't have a fuse panel and install a fuse and a switch capable of the amp load this jack will draw (this way you can shut the juice off in case some kids start messing around with it).

Wire it in good quality wire of appropriate gauge, with flex loom over it to protect from the elements, then secure the loom so it isn't flapping around while in transit.

I wouldn't wire it directly to the truck's constant power line, but if you have to go that route, in a 6 round RV plug, the center pin (black) is 12V battery power. I'd be sure to put a fuse in there for protection.

I went straight to the batt/fuse like you said. The jack is grounded by bolting it to the frame.