Sign in to follow this  

Lightweight Flywheel

-12oz from wheeling for $139 or -16oz from Trail Tech for almost $200. Ive done lots of searching and really only found guys using the trail tech unit. Is it too light? I do trail riding, street riding, sumo track days etc. I dont want it to be too light and loose some tractability off road. My bike is stock bore but E base, fcr, mrd/ssw.

thanks

They are the same flywheel. The Trailtech saves 16 oz. from the z400 four wheeler, not the drz bike you have. I decided not to switch flywheels when I could have gotten one for $70 because the stock gearing is already too high in first gear and the weight keeps the motor running.

Search it out, some guys are running them on BB and stroker motors and are happy with the quicker revs. Seems to me the DRZ has plenty of traction to spare so I wouldn't worry about it.

They are the same flywheel. The Trailtech saves 16 oz. from the z400 four wheeler, not the drz bike you have. I decided not to switch flywheels when I could have gotten one for $70 because the stock gearing is already too high in first gear and the weight keeps the motor running.

So the same flywheel from trailtech is $70less at Wheeling?!?!?! :busted: My bike idles at like 1800rpm and I run anywhere from 14/48 to 15/48 on the SM track. My dirt setup on the street i run 14/47. I just want the rpms to build quicker out of the corner without having to clutch it :busted:

Search it out, some guys are running them on BB and stroker motors and are happy with the quicker revs. Seems to me the DRZ has plenty of traction to spare so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah ive seen tons of guys talk about the trail tech flywheel. I didnt know they were the same unit that wheeling sells. Im contemplating the CW 440 kit this winter. Its about time for a rebuild or at least inspect/re-ring. I just have to decide how far i want to take this bike before getting an MX/Sumo purpose built bike.