piston

rings

seals

and a few other things added up to around $675

now ive ran the bike and tested it out and all was well and fine

i did not flog it as when teh deal was made it was already night time

and just took it for a run thrue the gears

and noticed it had a fair bit of spooge out the tail pipe

but thought nothing of it cause it was idleing for a while before i rode it and i was not hiting band and thought he looked like a bit of a guy who hardly would hit band anyways lol

well my problem is i got up diss morning and noticed around the exhuast flange at the motor theres some oil thats been leaking out just enough thats it leaked down the pipe and made 3 drips on the floor

i ahve no idea what would be causeing this

ive got recepits as proof of rebuild

and he said he has only done a max of 5 to 8 hours since rebuild

witch is believable cause i highly doubt he would have done 50+ hours since the 3 months

im thinking its possible a crank seal ?

or maybe he used to much oil in the fuel

i have no idea so any idea's would be appreciated and what i should do

Sounds like you have a case of spooge and it's leaking from the exhasut flange, which isn't an uncommon occurrence. What premix ratio are your running? Maybe your jetting is off also.

Quit trying to change more than one variable at a time.

Drain the gas an run a quality premix oil at 32:1. Then jet your bike for your mixture and elevation. Also, make sure your air filter is not dirty and you have the proper spark plug in the engine.

The spooge is probbaly from an over rich mixture, not too much oil in the fuel.

if you run 32.1 it will spooge like crazy i run 45.1 a lot of guys run 50.1 but dont worry its a 2 smoker hold it wide open till it popes then fix it man.

haha yeah

i havent tryed any of that as i said i only got the bike last night

and i have no idea what he was mixing at

or what jets are in it

i think im just going to take it to a shop and have them check it over completely and do a service on it

just for piece of mind i can do all of it my self but time is the problem i work 6 till 6 - 6 days a week

and if i check it 1st then send it to the shop for a 2nd check i know it will be 110% good to go

if you run 32.1 it will spooge like crazy i run 45.1 a lot of guys run 50.1 but dont worry its a 2 smoker hold it wide open till it popes then fix it man.

i do this very well lol

i hold my yz490 wide open 86 model last of the good light switch bands lol

she is a b!tch and unforgiving for rider mistakes

32:1 wont spooge if it's jetted right, that's what we run in our CR250R and it does not spooge

32:1 wont spooge if it's jetted right, that's what we run in our CR250R and it does not spooge

+1 :thumbsup:Like the man says...Its your jetting

Huh? I don't see anywhere that he has changed any variables yet, he just got the bike last night and it sounds like he's running the same pre-mix that the P.O. left in the tank.:busted:

Drain the gas an run a quality premix oil at 32:1. Then jet your bike for your mixture and elevation. Also, make sure your air filter is not dirty and you have the proper spark plug in the engine.

This I agree with.

I agree with both of those statements, I run 32:1 in my CR as well. Along with the above, check the rubber sleeve that seals the silencer to the pipe stinger (is it there, is it in the right location), and you may also be overdue for some new silencer packing.

This has nothing to do with what you asked about, but I'd inspect and regrease every bearing on the bike (head, swingarm, link, etc). Most dirtbike owners don't tend to these areas.

Huh? I don't see anywhere that he has changed any variables yet, he just got the bike last night and it sounds like he's running the same pre-mix that the P.O. left in the tank.:busted:

This I agree with.

yeah still got teh same premix in it what the guy i bough it off had in it

will be draining that out as i dont know how old it is

and if he used standard fuel or 98 oc

i prefer the 98 with some fuel stabilizer

and doing my own mix

im starting to think maybe the previous owner had jetted it richer with extra mix for the break in proccess

but have no way to confirm this

im going to be repacking the silencer as well as many ppl forgot how important it is to actualy do and neglect it

and as for greaseing up the whole bike i will be doing that tonight wa salready in my plans cause i know 95% of my mates dont even do it

and can save you alot of head ache down the road

I have the same set up.

i bit the bullet and took her for a run yesterday and wow

worth every doller spent

came up with a few small issues like exhuast spoogeing really bad but it cleaned it self up after about an hour

had my chain come off witch was my own fualt for not checking it properly before the ride

have a front right shock leak

but otehr then that had a really great day

the way the power comes on is just so crisp and smooth

to be honest in a way i miss the 125 just for the powerband snap

foudn the 250 alot easyer to ride thou in teh bush

even chaseing down my mate on his 125

the yz450f my otehr mate has taht i could never pass on my 125

is no match for me now

as long as i get the power to teh ground and not spininmg lol