Sign in to follow this  

Buying a Pitster x2

Hey

I plan on picking up this Pitster x2 140 this weekend. The kid selling it said its a 09 with a new 2011 140cc. I'm having trouble figuring out if it really is an 09 model so I'v come here to hopefully get you guys to confirm its an 09. Also I would like to know what the visual differences are between the 09 140cc engine and the 2011 140cc?

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

76938b920.jpg

photonuw.jpg

Jake

It is an 08, the first picture is the old GPX engine, the second is a 2010 engine, the 2011 140 oil cooler connected to the bottom of the engine and the 2010 to the head.

Or just get the VIN and decode it.

That will work, I also know the Pitster Pro line just a little bit and that is an 08 x2.

the 09 has a smooth aluminum colored swingarm , black trees and risers, graphics that are silver, red and black, wave rotors with the Pitster logo cut into them and a few other differences.

I also know the Pitster Pro line just a little bit...

Lol understatement of the year right there. The bike seems high in the front, and the forks aren't even all the way up in the trees. That seem odd to you?

ncc, you are awesome thanks man!

I also noticed how low the rear end looks with the fork set low.. Are these rear shocks adjustable for ride height?

Does the 2010 140GPX have any flaws with it (case cracking)? I know what too look for when buying a dirtbike but are there any things I should look for in particular with this bike?

Thanks again,

Jake

ncc, you are awesome thanks man!

I also noticed how low the rear end looks with the fork set low.. Are these rear shocks adjustable for ride height?

Does the 2010 140GPX have any flaws with it (case cracking)? I know what too look for when buying a dirtbike but are there any things I should look for in particular with this bike?

Thanks again,

Jake

About the only thing on the rear shock is the preload of the spring, the 2010 140 engine are pretty solid , they do not suffer from the case issue of some early other engines did.

I wonder if it doesn't have the correct length rear shock. Obviously the motor was changed so its not out of the question maybe the shock was replaced but not with the correct one. I'm sure NCC would know what the correct length rear shock for that bike would be. It looks like a sweet bike though. I have a Pitster Pro 140 engine in my SSR B2, its a beast!