Sign in to follow this  

Washington NMA? Trail Rider Magazine

Can someone tell me why there is no longer any NMA articles in Trail Rider anymore. One month it was there, then poof ..............nothing.

Thanx, Jim

Can someone tell me why there is no longer any NMA articles in Trail Rider anymore. One month it was there, then poof ..............nothing.

Thanx, Jim

Simple answer is:

Because now NMA members receive the "Off Roader" newsletter that contains the articles that used to be in Trail Rider. The "Off Roader" is better IMO than Trail Rider.

Like mentioned the NMA dropped Trail Rider and is writing/sending the Off Roader quarterly. The NMA is always looking for Race/Ride Reports if any of you would like to submit them.

Trail Rider needs to step it up. My last issue had nothing in it. I don't think I will renew it.

What Trail Rider needs more than anything is an editor. Got the free subscription with my NMA membership, and was really excited to dig into the first issue that showed up at my house.

Got less than a page in and couldn't believe what I was reading. The formatting (captions chopped off in the middle, completely missing paragraphs, misaligned images, etc.) were bad enough, but the spelling and grammar were so bad that I would be embarrassed to have my name on that rag if I were a ninth grader.

Example: Not once, but twice in the same issue there was a reference to "dessert" riding. Now, a "dessert ride" could be possible, I suppose. It would probably involve a street ride to Baskin Robbins or something. But "riding in the dessert"? Not unless you've found the magical trail to Gingerbread Land!

I guess it's kind of picky to let this sort of thing get to me, but I don't see it as the equivalent of being a grammar nazi on an internet forum. This is a public, professional magazine we're talking about here, and I think dirt riders have a bad enough rep as uneducated hillbillies. It's in a magazine like that where I feel it's MOST important to put forth a respectable image.

I mean, FFS, when you print an article in your magazine about defending our rights against anti-ORV legislation and there are a dozen spelling and grammar errors per paragraph in said article, we are officially losing.

/rant