Sign in to follow this  

Quick question

I was looking to pick up a second bike to ride with my HD and SB friends or should dump the my extra funds into hop ups? I really love to ride my DR but I always thought i looked foolish in photos with my Dual Sport with all Harleys and crotch rockets. I can out accelerate the Harleys and out ride the crotch rockets, but they all have me in the top end 80+ mph.

I was looking at an 06 Honda Hornet 919 an 85 Suzuki GS1150e

You can never have enough motorcycles. I'd buy either one, they're both much better suited for highway runs. The DR isn't good at anything but its good at everything :busted:

When my Harley riding friends invite me to ride with them my usual choice is my DR, NOT the ZRX1100 and certainly not the ZX6. Before I got rid of the DL1000 for my KLX250S I sometimes would ride it. Still the DR is always much better than the Harleys in the mountains, but is still fun if I just stay with them.

I made an offer on the 919 and and Im picking it up this weekend. Im exicted, but the riding season is over in the Northeast.

I really love to ride my DR but I always thought i looked foolish in photos with my Dual Sport with all Harleys and crotch rockets.

Did you ever consider that maybe they thought they looked foolish in their pirate and Starwars costumes?

You can never have enough motorcycles. I'd buy either one, they're both much better suited for highway runs. The DR isn't good at anything but its good at everything :busted:

That is so true.:busted: