GPR Stabilizer options...

Hey guys i just picked up a bike w a GPR stabilizer on it. I hate how the bars are like an inch taller now compared to my other KTM. I like the KTM bar bend... but i cant handle the bars at this new height. Anyone have some options for me... is there a similar bar bend to the KTM that has less rise, or is there a different way to mount that bad bapy?

thanks, Mike

I had the same issue with the underbar damper mount (I have a Scott's though). I did some research and the Pro Taper Ricky Carmichael bend is pretty close and quite a bit lower. It won't put it back to stock, but it makes a significant difference.

i looked on their website. i cant find anything for the V4. do you know if i can run a twinwall bar with that set up... will the gpr fit in between the bar and the pad?

You won't find what you need on the website. Call Randy at GPR and tell him what you need. The V4 is a thinner unit than the V2 but they'll have mounts to put it over the bar. I'm not sure the stabilizer will fit between the bar and the bracket. If it will it would be very tight.

GPR will get you set up. They're very helpful. :busted:

i will be honest i have about one hours time on the new machine, on a small sand trap barely reaching 3rd gear. so i really cannot offer you any insight. it def is a trick piece, and each click is very noticeable in resistance. i like it so far, i am supposed to go to a track tomor i will let you know after

I actually just pulled the trigger and bought one. I liked the fact that I can mount it under the bars and only raise them 1/2 inch. This is my first damper so looking forward to seeing how it works. Let me know wha you think after you had a chance to ride with yours

Contact GPR. They now make a triple clamp for the V4 that will lower the bars. I too like the KTM bar bend but they were too high with the stock clamp and V4. With the new clamp from GPR, the KTM bend is perfect for me.

what did you pay for that new piece? and do you have pictures?

.... i do like riding with the unit. i had the clicker on 3 today on a mx track. and even though it has resistance returning to center, when i was doing my amateur-at-best scrubs, i had no issue with it when throwing the bars back to straighten back out...