Sign in to follow this  

KLX 250s Enrichment Hole Issue

Curious as to those who have drilled out the enrichment hole .018”. I purchase some #77-- .018” drill bits from eBay 10 of them for 3.99. I know cheap! I measured all the bits and they varied from .0165” to .0175”. The bit went right through the hole. SOOOOOOOOO what does this mean?

The hole was already at .018 or the bits are off a .001 or so?????

Does anybody know what size the hole is BEFORE the drilling? I mean if it’s .017” I’d understand but if it’s say .012, I think it was already drilled properly from the factory at .017”.

What to do???????

Leave it alone or ???

My bike was hard to start when it was 45 degrees or so, took several attempts but it did start. This is why I wanted to drill the enrichment hole.—Yes I’m sure it the right hole :-) and I zeroed out the mic.

Thanks!!

That's interesting. Do you get consistent readings with the mic on each bit?

I didn't check before hand. Bought my bits from the local hobby shop, 2 for $2 I think. Only tried one of them, and it didn't slide in. It made shavings.

Sorry, not much help.

Yes pretty much the same readings on each bit. I even put a piece of paper in the MIC to clean it, put it it tighten it up a little and pulled the paper out. A old trick I used as a machinist many years ago.

Thanks!!

Stashu

I think the price on those bits was so nice because they are the "seconds" that couldn't be sold as actual 0.018" bits. Did you happen to contact the fleabay seller and let them know of your findings?